Friday, June 7, 2013

MFTeaser - You are FAB

Welcome to day four of seven fabulous days of MFT teasers!

I have a fun card to share today that I made using the new Bold Statements stamp set and the new Insert It - Speech Bubble Die-namics. The new products will be available on June 11th at 10pm EST. Hop over to the MFT Blog for a list of today's participating designers.

Bold Statements is the Triple Scoop stamp set for this release, which means you'll earn it FREE with a qualifying $60 order. Click HERE for more information on the Triple Scoop.


I started with a card base of the new Primitive White card stock. I just love the small speckles in this new card stock. Then I added a layer of Black Licorice and a layer of Grapesicle. I used the Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-namics to cut out the Grape Jelly flag then used the new Peek-a-Boo Dots Die-namics to cut out the circles on the flag.

The sentiment panel was super fun to create. I used the new Insert It - Speech Bubble Die-namics to cut out a Primitive White piece and then I used it to cut out a Kraft piece for the outer frame. I chose a sentiment from Bold Statements but I ended up cutting the sentiment apart because I knew I'd be inking the "FAB" part a few times and cutting the sentiment apart made it much easier. I started by stamping "FAB" first with new Bubble Gum Premium Dye Ink, then with the new Grapesicle Premium Dye Ink, and finally with Grape Jelly Premium Dye Ink. The small star accents on the "A's" are from the new Scattered Stars Die-namics. To finish the sentiment I stamped "you are" with Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink. The card was a little too plain with the simple Kraft frame so I coated it with Star Dust Stickles and once that was dry I gave it a thick coating of Glossy Accents. I love the sparkle and shine!

On the inside I stamped a butterfly from Blissful Butterflies with Grapesicle Premium Dye Ink and added a sentiment, also from Blissful Butterflies. A scattering of stars from Scattered Stars Die-namics finishes the inside.

Here's a shot of my stamp all cut apart.

This would made a wonderful grad card, but I'm sending it to Maddy instead, because if I can make her smile, then I'll smile too. If you don't know who Maddy is, you can read about her HERE and perhaps you'll want to participate in the card drive too.  :-)

Don't forget to hop over to the MFT Blog for a list of today's participating designers and for prize info!

Here are the supplies I used:
(note: links to the new products will be live on June 11th at 10pm EST)



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

16 comments:

Gabby said...

GREAT card! Like that awesome, glittered and glossed frame! Really shows off the sentiment. The flag w/the peek-a-boo circles look awesome. :)

Gypsy 2 said...

What a gorgeous frame!Great card.

Judith said...

Very glamorous

Debbie Nelson said...

Gorgeous! Love your colors!

Tracey said...

Gorgeous!!!

Kim O'Connell said...

Fancy! Fit for a diva!

Queen Mary said...

Wow to the 10th on the frame Karen! Love the patience on the tiny little stars you used!

slbt17 said...

loving these bold words!
Sandra ltb

scrappingnana said...

Fabulous card. Love the colors and frame.

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Karen! Love the shimmery frame!

Kimberly S. said...

How cute!! I love the purple colors and that gold glittery frame!!

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, this is awesome, love the gold frame!

Karen Giron said...

Love this!!! The glossy accents over the stickles is genius!!!

Kim said...

Beautiful card and love the stickles.

wendy said...

really spectacular card girlie!

Sabrina said...

Love the colors!