Saturday, June 8, 2013

MFTeaser - Aloha

Welcome to day five of seven fabulous days of MFT teasers!

I've used the new Doodle Garden - Aloha stamp set along with the super fun Palm Tree Die-namics to create this Hawaiian scene. Oh my...I know it's only been a few weeks since I was in Hawaii, but I already want to go back!

The new products will be available in the MFT Boutique on June 11th at 10pm EST. Be sure to hop over to the MFT Blog for a list of today's participating designers, and for the amazing prize information. In case you haven't heard, My Favorite Things is giving away one $75 gift voucher EACH teaser day! Go check it out!


The card base is new Primitive White card stock. L.O.V.E.! It's got just the right amount of speckles and flecks in it, and I added a layer of Natural card stock.

I used the Circle 2 STAX Die-namics to cut out the Sno Cone base for the image, then I added the piece of cork and created the wavy edge with the Wavy Edge Die-namics. I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-Press It Blending Card then coloured it with copic markers. I fussy cut around her and adhered her with foam tape.

The row of clouds were created using the Cloud Trio Die-namics. I cut the clouds from Sweet Tooth felt and backed them with cardstock for more stability. The Palm Tree Die-namics is super fun! I cut the trunk from Kraft card stock, the leaves from Factory Green and Sour Apple, and the coconuts from Hot Fudge card stock. I inked all the edges of the tree parts with Kraft Premium Dye Ink.

On the inside I stamped the girl with Kraft Premium Dye Ink then added a sentiment from Doodle Garden - Aloha using Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink.

Don't forget to hop over to the MFT Blog for all of today's scoop.

Here are the supplies I used:
(note: links to the new products will be live after June 11th at 10pm EST)



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable & fun!!! I hope there are even more doodle girls w/ this release!!! I love them!!!

zehra said...

Lovely scene and card

Gypsy 2 said...

Great idea to use cork board for sand.Love your scene Karen.

Kim O'Connell said...

Cork! You are so smart! Looks awesome!

Dawn Easton said...

So cute! Love the scene and LOVE that you used cork for sand! Fabulous idea!

Tracey said...

So beautiful Karen!!

Karen Giron said...

Totally adorable! I love your palm tree with the clouds in the background - just too sweet!

Kim said...

This is so pretty. Makes me want to be back at the beach in Hawaii.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so darn cute, I'm going to have order this stuff for sure.

Kimberly S. said...

LOVE this!! Great scene you created!! Love how you used the cork!

scrappingnana said...

So adorable. Love your use of the cork.

wendy said...

WOW....so adorable Karen... lovin this new image and what fab new dies...swoon!

slbt17 said...

would love to be there with her!
Fun card!
Sandra ltb

Unknown said...

What a fun card - loving the colors and the cork for the sand. Great Job!!

Sabrina said...

Such a cute card!