Tuesday, June 4, 2013

MFTeaser - Thank You

Welcome to day one of seven fabulous days of MFT teasers!

Today I worked with the fabulous Lisa Johnson Designs Blissful Butterflies stamp set and the coordinating Blissful Butterflies Die-namics. All the new products will be available in the MFT Boutique on June 11th at 10pm EST and be sure to hop over to the MFT Blog for a list of today's participating designers.

I used elements from the new Blueprints 4 Die-namics when I created my card but the layout is not one of the provided sketches that coordinate with the Blueprints 4 Die-namics. I adore the versatility of the Blueprints Die-namics!


I started with a Kraft card base, then I used the Blueprints 4 Die-namics to cut out the new Primitive White card stock layer. Notice the rounded corners along the bottom, and those gorgeous little speckles in the paper...swoon! I stamped the sentiment from Blissful Butterflies with Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink directly onto the Primitive White layer and added a trio of rhinestones for a little bling.

Isn't this yellow butterfly gorgeous! I used the Blissful Butterflies Die-namics to cut out the Smooth White butterfly, then I stamped the image with Lemon Drop Premium Dye Ink. I love the pop of colour from the yellow! I placed the butterfly on a circle of Kraft, which I cut out using the Circle 1 STAX Die-namics. Did you notice the script on the circle? That's another brand new stamp set, Lisa Johnson Designs Art Expression Text, and I stamped it using Kraft Premium Dye Ink.

I used the long rectangular element from Blueprints 4 Die-namics to cut out the Blu Raspberry layer then used the Border It-Mod Borders stamp set and white chalk ink to add the pattern. The Orange Fizz scalloped strip was cut out thanks to yet another element from Blueprints 4 Die-namics. To finish the card I added a strip of Kraft grosgrain ribbon and a pretty bow.

I kept the inside super simple by stamping another butterfly from Blissful Butterflies using Blu Raspberry Premium Dye Ink. I used the swirly stitches stamp from Hearts and Stitches stamped with white chalk ink for the butterfly flight trail.

Don't forget to hop over to the MFT Blog for a list of today's participating designers and prize info.

Here are the supplies I used:
(note: links to the new products will be live after June 11th at 10pm EST)



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty card! Love the bright colors! -- your finished inside detail is so sweet! :))

Kim said...

This is so pretty and I love the paper piercing you did around the circle.

Lisa Lynn said...

Karen, love the colors of your gorgeous card.

Gypsy 2 said...

Pretty colours,fabulous paper piercing...lovely card!

zehra said...

Sweet card

Lisa H. said...

great colors, Karen. love the text print on the circle.

wendy said...

so pretty, the colors rock!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, this is so beautiful, I love it.

Tricia T said...

Blueprints and Butterflies! LOVE it!! And that font is SO pretty!!! Great card!!!

Tricia

Paula Laird said...

Awesome details on this cutie!

Nancy L. said...

Love the pop of color!!

Unknown said...

Great card inside and out!

Tracey said...

I love this! So pretty!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the colors you used.

Kimberly S. said...

Gorgeous! Love the way you used the Blueprints dies! And that cheery, bright butterfly is beautiful!!

K. Joy said...

Ooo, I love the bright cheery-ness of this card! It really catches my eye. Great color combo. Thanks for sharing!

Tammy H said...

Love this card. I have used that Mod Borders set so many times already I should probably buy a backup. I'm sure I will wear it out. LOVE IT!!! Such a nice combination of color and texture.

Jodi Collins said...

All the patterns and texture on this just make this POP! LOVE every bit of this!!

Sabrina said...

Very pretty card and pretty color combo!