Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dare to Dream

I did something a little different on today's card and dove into the world of Mixed Media with molding paste and a stencil. Eeeks!!! I kinda had no choice because I wanted to play along with the new Mixed Media Colour Challenge and that meant using more than just ink...I had to use two types of media. Mediums? Media? Not sure which is the correct word, but you get the picture. The layout is FMS90 from the Freshly Made Sketches blog.


I made this card with Maddy in mind and I'm sending it to her. You can participate in the card drive too. Click HERE to read all about it on the Simon Says Stamp blog.

I started with a card base of Primitive White card stock then added a layer of Steel Grey and a layer of Pink Lemonade. For some reason when I looked at the colour challenge image I saw Steel Grey, not black. Hmph...I hope I don't get kicked out of the challenge. LOL! ;-)

I used the Graduated Diamonds MIX-ables stencil from My Favorite Things and some light molding paste to create the diamonds on the Steel Grey strip. I did that part first then set it aside to dry, and once I was ready to assemble the rest of the card the paste was completely dry. Sweet!

I created the main square by stamping roses from Blooming Roses onto a square of Primitive White. I used Pink Lemonade Premium Dye Ink and Razzle Berry Premium Dye Ink for the flowers, and Factory Green Premium Dye Ink for the leaves. I wanted one of the flowers to be popped up for dimension so I used the Rose Bouquet Die-namics to cut out the large flower from Smooth White, then cut the leaves from Factory Green. I adhered the main flower with foam tape and inked the edges of the square with versamark ink, then heat embossed it with silver powder.

Then I created the sentiment flag by stamping the sentiment from Dandelion Wishes with versamark onto a strip of Steel Grey, and embossing it with silver powder.

On the inside I simply stamped another sentiment from Dandelion Wishes with Razzle Berry Premium Dye Ink, then I used the Faux Crochet Border Die-namics to cut out the pretty lacy piece of Steel Grey.

Here are the supplies I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think this is proof that trying new things pays off! It looks great, and these last 2 posts are REALLY making me want to get some razzleberry ink. Maddie will love this, And you have definitely made a follower out of me:D

Cant wait to see more!


-sammi-
Simple Salutations

Sue Lelli said...

Karen, I am so GLAD you played with us! The diamond stencil with the molding paste adds so much drama to your card and really makes those roses POP! GORGEOUS card! THX for playing with us at A Mixed Media Color Challenge!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the lattice work! The flowers are lovely as well!

Linda Suarez said...

Fab card! Great job with the new techniques. Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Karen! Love the diamond border and embossed sentiment! Your blossoms look fabulous! Thanks for joining along with our first Mixed Media Color Challenge!

Lisa H. said...

way to go, girl!!! looove how it turned out. the texture with the diamonds is beautiful! thanks for sharing.

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful roses on this Karen - love the 'trellis' panel and wonderful colors!