Saturday, June 1, 2013

Merry Christmas

When I saw this week's CAS(E) This Sketch, CTS#30, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. A Christmas card of course. What?!?! Don't you immediately think of Christmas card-making in June? :-)


This is card #9 for Project Christmas 2013. I went with a non-traditional colour combo and I adore how it turned out. I started with a Sweet Tooth card base then added a layer of Razzleberry. I built the rest of the card on another layer of Sweet Tooth.

I chose a sentiment from Clearly Sentimental about Christmas, from My Favorite Things, and stamped it with Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink onto a strip of Sweet Tooth. I added a snowflake from Christmas Ornaments stamped with Razzleberry Premium Dye Ink, then I stitched the white strip to a piece of Pink Lemonade.

For the flag elements on the sketch I went with ornaments. I used the Christmas Ornaments Die-namics to cut out three ornaments from Razzleberry, Sour Apple, and Berrylicious card stock. Then I stamped the patterns on each of the ornaments with the coordinating inks, Razzleberry Premium Dye Ink, Sour Apple Premium Dye Ink, and Berrylicious Premium Dye Ink. I added a rhinestone to the pink ornament then coloured it with my RV17 copic marker and finished the ornaments with Hemp Cord.

On the inside I stamped another sentiment from Clearly Sentimental about Christmas then added some of the smaller elements from Christmas Ornaments.

Here are the supplies I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

2 comments:

Chrissy Larson said...

Love these colors on a Christmas card! What a wonderful take on the sketch!

donna mikasa said...

What a great take on the sketch! I love those ornaments!