Wednesday, January 18, 2012

You're 45!

I made a scrappy masculine card to share today using the awesome By the Numbers stamps and die-namics from MFT. Bet you can't guess how old this person is turning! LOL!!!
Pin It
I started with papers from the My Mind's Eye Out of the Blue 6x6 pad and added in some corrugated cardboard for plenty of texture. The layout is Jen's January Sketch For You To Try.

The circular focal point started as a circle of corrugated cardboard but I ended up covering most of it as it evolved. I'm ok with that though because I love the end result. I used the notebook edge die-namic for the orange strip and bent up the tabs a little. I tied the button on with some honeydew twine. For the blue vertical strip I used the mix & match banners die-namics and Lisa's clever trick for extending the length of them. Thanks Lisa!!!

On the inside I paired a couple of sentiments from the set and stamped them with Memento Tuxedo Black  then finished it off with a strip of green which I cut out with the open zig zag border die-namic.

Here are the die-namics I used:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

3 comments:

Dana White said...

Inreally like all the elements to this card. A perfect male card.

Sharon Roselli said...

wow I love male cards and this one is terrific. the texture and dp is good combo and love the numbers. thanks for the inspiration.

Jodi Collins said...

Pure fabulousness! I adore this!