Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sunny Days {MFWSC54}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club sketch #54.

It's another fun sketch this week, and I customized mine a smidge by adding the flower and using the mirror image of the sketch. But that's what sketches are for, right? Feel free to do a little customizing of your own if it works for your project.
Pin It

I used à la modes - I Spy. This poor little stamp was released last fall and this is the first time I've inked her up. Shame on me! LOL!!

The patterned papers are from the Basic Grey Picadilly 6x6 paper pad and I added two coats of clear glaze pen to the lens on the magnifying glass. The mini pennant die-namics were perfect for the beginning part of the sentiment.

I used the new jumbo monarch border die-namic and cut a strip of hot fudge card stock for the horizontal strip, but it needed a little pizzazz so I added the red ribbon and a flower which I cut with the upsy daisy die-namics.

On the inside I used the sweet stack labels die-namics for the ending of the sentiment.

Here are the sketchy details:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC54. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!
Be sure to head over to Kim's Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!


Here are the die-namics I used:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

So sweet! Makes me think it is summer again......until the wind blows and makes me shiver.

Colleen Begley said...

This is a cutie, Karen! I love all of the flowered papers you've used with it. I also really like that Jumbo border die. It may just be going on my shopping list. :)

Danni said...

Bright and happy card! Way too fun!

scrappingnana said...

Love your card with the cheery colors and papers and cute image. TFS

Dana White said...

Kar she is super cute- love all the paper piecing and how you did the mirror image to make the sketch work with your image

Leslie said...

That is a sunny card - lovely and bright on this gray, rainy day! Her dress is lovely and I have to say I was kind of scared of this sketch but seeing your care and others I may just give it a try!

Ann Kranitz said...

I just LOVE that little floral paper pieced dress....wish I looked as sassy and cute in a little floral dress!!! LOL...great take on the sketch...

Jodi Collins said...

This is just PERFECT! LOVE these papers and the glaze on her magnifying glass! FAB card girlie!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so adorable

Kary said...

How cute!! Love the bright summer colours, and the her gorgeous paper pieced dress. I must try the clear glaze pen effect, it looks great. Thanks for sharing!! {hugs}

zehra said...

Pretty, v. Sweet. Love the card