Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sweet Sunday Flurry of Love

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC150. Just a reminder, the Sweet Sunday Sketches are every two weeks now so you have plenty of time to play along.

I made a Christmas card...card #3 for Project Christmas 2012. I really love inking up my winter images all throughout the year, and it's so productive to get cards made ahead of time.
Pin It

I used the adorable Pure Innocence Flurry of Love set from MFT and turned the sketch into a 5.25" square card. The patterned papers are from the Echo Park Winter Park 6x6 pad.

The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copics. I added plenty of bling for the snow. The red accent was cut out with the larger banner from the first place award ribbon die-namics but it was a little too short so I simply cut it in the middle and pulled the two ends apart until it was the right size. You'd never know it though, because the "mechanics" are hidden under the image panel. I also added a decorative bracket border using the solid bracket border die-namic.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Have you heard the news about MFT going mobile??? If you have a US cell phone number you can now OPT IN to receive text alerts from My Favorite Things!! Simply text JOINMFT to 46786. You'll receive a special offer just for opting in, new release alerts, MFT VIP reminders and occasional special offers.

Here are the die-namics I used:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Oh my word, this is SO cute! I love the winter colors and ALL that BLING! Yum! I love seeing all your Christmas cards throughout the year :)

Lynn Put said...

So sweet Karen! I love your color combo and all the rhinestones you've used! I should join in on the Christmas card challenge, maybe that way I'd actually have enough made by the time Christmas comes.

Vicki Burdick said...

So LOVE this Karen, your coloring is always perfection and all the bling is wonderful!!! Who wouldn't love getting this sweet card in the mail!

Ann Kranitz said...

Cute cute cute!!!! Off to play with the sketch. I just love your holiday card goal. I really need to take a lesson from you! This year (as you know) I had to buy cards.....seriously...how silly is that!!!!

Dana White said...

She could be here today!!! Very cute - love all the bling my friend

Leslie said...

Oh come on!! This is freakin' adorable! Love the colours and the very sparkly snowflakes! Please make a note she is on my 2012 Christmas card wish list from you! :)

Crafty Cath said...

Cute, cute card! And the perfect sentiment for the cold weather that finally made its way to our area.

Kathy Martin said...

Brrr...adorable card! :)

Lisa H. said...

LOVE this in blue and with all that bling for the snow......we've lucked out here in Cinci this winter, so far..... TFS!

Jodi Collins said...

Wowsa!!! She is colored so beautifully Karen!!

Shannon White said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! Love your Wonderfully colored Sweet PI image an the Bling snowflakes too! So Adorable! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon