Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sweet Sunday Snow Day

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC151.

There are plenty of fun, seasonal images I could have chosen to use, but I decided to use the wintery Pure Innocence Snow Day set from MFT, and create card #6 for Project Christmas 2012. I don't know why, but I really enjoy using the Sweet Sunday Sketches for my Christmas cards throughout the year.
Pin It

I went totally girly with a pink and red colour combination. I added some pink rhinestones for her buttons and white liquid appliqué for the fur trim and pompoms.

The patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye Be Merry 6x6 paper pad and I cut out a cream strip with my crown border Die-namics for a decorative edge. The first place award ribbon Die-namics was perfect for the sentiment, as always, but what can I say? When something is perfect like that I use it all the time! I used the two larger sizes of snowflakes from the let it snowflake Die-namics and the bottom one is cut from strawberry ice cream felt.

I hope you'll play along with the sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Vicki Burdick
Anita Madden - Guest Sweet Sunday Stamper
and Karen Giron

Here are the Die-namics I used:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Karen Giron said...

She's SO cute, Karen! I love the applique and her rhinestone buttons. The pink and red is perfect for her too!

Dawn Easton said...

So fun, Karen! Love that PI too! She's a fave for me and I use her on cards I give out from about November through April....haha! Love the layered snowflakes!

Leslie said...

Ooh, that is girly and oh so sweet! I like the way you sewed on this card - especially around the white layer! Nice and crisp!

Lynn Put said...

Very pretty card Karen! Your coloring looks wonderful and you always give the best attention to the details on your cards!

Vicki Burdick said...

OH MY she is adorable!! I love how you have colored her and the add details on the hat and boots! Really love that decorative edge with the little rhinestones too!!

Dana White said...

Oh my friend this is really sweet look at you go with the holiday cards!!

Anita said...

She's sooo cute and I love the pink & red combo.

Unknown said...

very, very cute!

Lisa Elton said...

This is as cute as can be! Wow what a wonderful card ;)

Anonymous said...

I should start doing what you do for your Xmas cards. This one is frigin hot GF!

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness is this Ever Adorable!! 8-) Love your Wonderfully colored Sweet PI image and all the Fabulous MFT elements! Wowzers! My MFT wish list just keeps getting longer I tell ya! 8-) Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Hugs
Shannon