Thursday, January 19, 2012

"Create" Framed Art

I have a fun framed art project to share with you today. This was a little gift I sent to a friend for Christmas and I had a blast creating it. My only regret is that I didn't make two of them so I'd have one to keep.  ;-)
Pin It
I started with an 8x10 black shadow box frame from the craft store and patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary line (still one of my faves!).

I didn't really have a clear vision of what I wanted to create right from the start, but I definitely knew I wanted to use the sweet Pure Innocence - You Color My World set from MFT. I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured her with copics. I thought the polka dot paper was perfect for paper piecing her little apron, and I added a coat of clear glaze pen to the paint colours on her palette to make them look wet.

Once I had her cut out I started playing around with placement and that's when the scene came together and I decided she should be painting a rainbow in a field. I used the rainbow die-namics die to cut out a few different papers then I pieced them back together. I added some puff cloud white felt clouds, which I cut out with the clouds trio die-namics. For the little butterflies I cut out the base layer from strawberry ice cream felt using the butterflies die-namics and cut the top layer from patterned paper using the slightly smaller butterfly die from the notched tag die-namics.

I used two of MFT's gorgeous flower dies to create the flowers from strawberry ice cream felt: the rolled scallop flower die-namic and the loopy bloom die-namic. The sour apple felt leaves were cut out using the flower and leaf trio die-namics and I used some pink and green ribbon for the stems.

The letters were super fun to embellish. I wanted them to be nice and sturdy so I used my by the letters die-namics to first cut out the letters from thin chipboard, then I cut them out again from pink card stock and glued the two layers together. Then I did the faux epoxy technique (which I seem to be doing a lot lately!) which is a layer of crystal Stickles (let it dry completely) then a thick layer of glossy accents.

Here are the die-namics I used:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

12 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

OMGoodness.....is this what you sent Jody? Holy Cow....Awesome, Karen! AWESOME!!!

Leslie said...

Really?! I can't comment right now....I have fallen on the floor in disbelief!!

Leslie said...

Okay, I'm up again! This is freakin' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Really there are not enough words in the dictionary to rave about this....simply amazing!!!! Everything about it!!!!

Colleen Begley said...

Okay, I want to transport myself right into that happy scene. This is so, so gorgeous Karen!

April said...

That is so CUTE!!!!! I gotta make one too!! What an AWESOME idea! Sweet!!!!

Leslie said...

I can't stop looking at this gorgeousness! My birthday is in July. I'm just saying. Okay, I'm done now. Maybe. Wait, if I come and pick it up, please can you make me one? Okay, I'm going now. Really, I am :)

Jodi Collins said...

Aaaaaaack. Omg girlie...this is so fabulous it hurts!!!!! Wow wow wow wow!!!

Anne Tussing said...

Absolutely adorable! I just LOVE your project:)

Jami said...

ACCKK!!! That is so CUTE, Saucy!!! WOWZAS! I love it muchly!!!!!!!!

zehra said...

OMG this is amazing, what a fantastic gift

Michele Boyer said...

100% FREAKIN' ADORABLE!!! LOVE this!

Anonymous said...

very amazing, I love it. thanks