Sunday, January 29, 2012

Skip a Beat

After three days of Christmas cards I've skipped right into summer with this one...pardon the pun, but I just could not resist that one!
Pin It

When I saw the Splitcoast sketch SC369 last week I knew it was perfect for Pure Innocence Jump for Joy from MFT.

I pulled out my October Afternoon Sidewalks patterned papers because the colours are just perfect for summer, and I set to work paper piecing her dress. I coloured the rest of her with copic markers...still working on the hair but I'm really liking the result today! I needed to "ground" her a little and I thought the fresh cut grass Die-namics was a good choice, so I cut it out of sour apple felt.

I needed a little space for the sentiment so I stamped it on the ticket tab Die-namics and tucked it under the image panel. You know when a card just makes you smile? Well this one does that for me. :-)

Here are the Die-namics I used:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Such beautiful spring colors and I really like the layout. Beautiful!

Leslie said...

Well this card made me smile too! Lovely job on her hair and I'm impressed with the shading on her elbows and knee!! Sweet card my friend!

Kary said...

Such a happy cheerful card!! I LOVE the fresh colours and your paper piecing and colourin. What a delightful card, Karen!!

Ann Kranitz said...

Wow you rocked this sketch....it scares me so I have been avoiding it!!! LOL...Love your paper choices. Bright and cheery

Jodi Collins said...

Pardon? LOL!! This is GORGEOUS Karen! YOur coloring is simply STUNNING, especially on her hair! A breath of fresh, Spring air!

Anonymous said...

So so so cute! Love that you added the grass!!