Tuesday, January 17, 2012

MFT VIP - Pure Innocence Classic Kids collection

It's time for this month's MFT VIP collection! Be sure to hop over to Kim's blog for a complete list of links to all designers showcasing this month's collection.

This month we have two more adorable Pure Innocence images in the Pure Innocence Classic Kids VIP collection. This is your chance to purchase upcoming stamps and die-namics a full three weeks before they're released. But there's a limited quantity, so act quickly!

The Pure Innocence Classic Kids VIP collection includes:
  • Pure Innocence Violin Girl stamp set
  • Pure Innocence Blowing Bubbles stamp set
  • Classic Kids sentiments mini (VIP exclusive stamp set - will never be offered for sale or be available again, a $9 value, FREE)
  • Monarch border die-namics die
all this for just $26.50.
Pin It
I have two cards to share and I think I'll start with Pure Innocence Violin Girl.

She's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and done up with a combination of paper piecing and copic colouring. The patterned papers are from the My Mind's Eye Vanity Fair 6x6 pad. I added a kraft card stock flower which I cut out with the upsy daisy die-namics. I cut the monarch border die-namic from striped paper and for added interest placed rhinestones in the negative area of the border. The sentiment from the set fit perfectly on the file tab die-namic.

On the inside I stamped the girl again with Memento Potter's Clay ink then I stamped one of the sentiments from Classic Kids sentiments mini, with black.

Next up is Pure Innocence Blowing Bubbles.
Pin It

I always LOVED blowing bubbles as a kid, especially out at the cottage, where they'd land on water and create pretty colours from the soap when they popped.

I couldn't resist paper piecing this little cutie either, so I chose cheery papers from the My Mind's Eye Life of the Party 6x6 pad. The rest of her is coloured with copic markers. The layout is SC367.

Here's a detail shot of the bubbles. I stamped them as a subtle background on the blue paper but I also wanted to add them to the image panel to look like they're coming right off the bubble wand. I stamped them with black, cut out three of the circles and glued them down. Then I did the faux epoxy technique...a layer of crystal Stickles which I let dry completely, then a nice thick layer of glossy accents.

On the inside I did the same layout as my first card, which adds a fun touch but still leaves space to write a message.

Here are the die-namics I used:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

14 comments:

Tricia T said...

Such sweet cards! I can't wait to play with these cuties!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So cute, love the bubbles!

zehra said...

Lovely cards, the first looks like a notebook and ove the faux epoxy look

Kathy Straw said...

Such cute cards. Love how you did the bubbles thanks for sharing your tip. I ordered mine and can't wait to get them so I can play too!

StampOwl said...

these are both adorable

Lisa H. said...

ooooo! sooo, so pretty! looove your sprakley bubbles.

wendy said...

great cards love the fun papers too!

Megan said...

ACK! Two cards!! I love the glittery bubbles! Darling!

Leslie said...

Oh my! Violin girl is SO sweet! I love her jumper and the matching sleeve cuffs! Excellent use of the negative die - such a pretty card! Now Bubble girl is just what I needed to see with our -18C temp today! And another great tip about the faux epoxy technique - those bubbles look so real! Both super sweet Karen!!

Dana White said...

Oh my friend this is so cute LOVE the glitter bubbles

Melody said...

Cute! LOVE the bubbles.

Inge Groot said...

Both cards are so cute!!! Love the bright colors and all the bling and glitter you've added!

Barbara said...

Love them both, Karen! Fabulous job!

Jodi Collins said...

These are totally adorable! The faux epoxy bubbles rock..I have to try that!