Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Welcome Home {MFTWSC39}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 39.

I had a vision for this card using Homespun Birdhouse stamp and die-namics set, which lead to quite a liberal interpretation of the main panel and the strip at the bottom. I used the branch with leaves die-namic to create the divide on the main panel, then stamped the sentiment below the branch.

I cut out the birdhouse from some corrugated cardboard and the rest of the patterned papers are from A Beautiful Life 6x6 pad by My Mind's Eye.

I wanted a little more texture on the image so I used the small scallop border die-namic to cut out some yellow felt and added it to the striped roof.

I kept the inside super simple with lots of space to write a message. I'm sending this card to a friend who is in France right now and I can't wait to hear all about her vacation when she gets home.

Here are the sketchy details:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC39. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!


Be sure to head over to Kim's Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the dies I used:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Dana White said...

Holy smokes is that a crooked panel you used?! Awesome card my friend

Barbara said...

LOVE that birdhouse! Awesome design, Karen!

Leslie said...

Love your interpretation! And no copics?! :)

Sarah Gough said...

I love your take on the sketch!

Michele Boyer said...

This is SO cute! I love the birdhouse!! Great use of corrugated cardboard! It's perfect!

slbt17 said...

sweet!
Sandra ltb

Jodi Collins said...

This is AWESOME!!! The birdhouse is just PERFECT for this sketch and I LOVE the colors/papers!