Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Beautiful Day {MFTWSC37}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch #37.

This week it's another fabulous sketch which can be either clean and simple or all dolled up, like I did.

I used Pure Innocence - Sunflower Girl and in keeping with the "no colouring" design team challenge from yesterday, I held back and only coloured the sunflower to really spotlight it. I still used quite a few copic markers for one little flower, but if it's gonna be the center of attention, then it better look good, right?

I framed this little cutie with the postage shape from First Class Friend die-namics. The patterned papers are all from the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found 2 Sunshine paper pack, and I threw in a few Fossil layers for good measure. I used the Upsy Daisy die-namics to create the flower and attached the button with cappucino twine. I also used the flower border die-namic to cut out the strip of yellow flowers and tucked it behind the layers to hide the seam of my patterned papers.

On the inside I used the woodgrain fence die-namic along with the open scallop doily die-namic to mimic the sun.

Here are the sketchy details:

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC37. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!
Be sure to head over to Kim's Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the die-namics I used:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Dana White said...

I can't believe you managed to not colour again!! She is cute & the die-namics on the inside -brilliant

Barbara said...

Oh my, all this deliciousness without coloring! I think I'd have marker-withdrawal, but you pulled it off beautifully! Such a fun card inside and out! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Danni said...

So sweet!!! I love how you just colored the sunflower...don't know that I could do it as my markers would be sad but it looks awesome!

Sherrie said...

Adorable! Love how you colored just the sunflower....beautiful!

Sarah Gough said...

this is gorgeous, i love the spotlighted sunflower!

Rachel G said...

SO PRETTY! Love the frame and your flower is AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

I loved this no colouring idea too! Great job my friend! I love the colours of this one.

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMGOsh...this is Amazing!!!