Monday, September 12, 2011

MFT September Creative Challenge - No Colouring!

Yikes!!! Seriously??? No colouring??????? I actually thought this was going to be more difficult that it was and I'm super happy with how my card turned out. Not to mention it came together really quickly since I didn't spend any time colouring!!!

In 2011, MFT is working harder than ever to inspire you, and we have come up with something we think you'll really enjoy. Our Design Team Creative Challenge is a new monthly feature, where we challenge our design team to explore their creative side using a specific theme, product or technique. This month, we're all putting down the markers, pencils and paints and sharing projects with No Coloring  Visit Kim's Blog for a full list of designers that have taken up the challenge!

For my card I inked up this month's WTG, Who's that Mummy. I didn't get a chance to use her during teasers and I thought she was perfect for this challenge.

If you look closely at the image you'll see that she's stamped onto patterned paper. There's a very light grey harlequin motif with some script running through it. It's light enough that it doesn't obscure the image but it added just enough pattern to keep it interesting. The only solid cardstock I used on this card is Black Licorice, and Sweet Tooth for the card base. The rest of the papers are from my Fancy Pants Oct 31st 6x6 paper pad.

You'll notice a few of the new die-namics, the mini pennant and the prima donna petals. The dizzy border is tucked in there too because I thought the lacey look of it was kinda spider web-ish. I finished it off with a charcoal twine bow.

I hope you'll take this month's challenge and put away the markers, pencils and paints for a card or two.

Here are the die-namics I used:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

15 comments:

Melody said...

She looks great stamped on the background paper! The mini pennant is such a cute touch!

Gabby said...

Perfect image for this Halloween card! The papers rock it, no coloring needed! :)

Anonymous said...

GF, this is SPOOKtacular!!!

Lisa H. said...

this is wonderful! looooove how all the other colors stand out against the neutral image! FUN!

Jodi Collins said...

ADORABLE girlie! The papers are FANTASTIC and I LOVE the little Boo flag!!!

Barbara said...

Perfect in every way, Karen! I love that Boo flag, too!

StampOwl said...

love love love it Karen

Sherrie said...

Love this! The perfect image for an uncolored challenge!

Dana White said...

Oh this was the perfect image for this challenge! I really like how you stamped the image on the subtle design paper

Kim said...

Super cool card Karen!

Sarah Gough said...

love this Karen, the dizzy border was the perfect touch!

Megan said...

She was a perfect choice for NO coloring! You rocked this!

Michele Boyer said...

Perfect choice, Karen! And I love the pop of the blue flower!

Jenny said...

awesome card Karen...great stamp choice...love the layout, pop of turquoise with the flower....great card:)

Jessie/knightrone said...

You ROCKED it! Awesome!!