Sunday, September 4, 2011

MFTeaser - Hello, My Pretty

Welcome to day 6 of MFT previews and it's Pure Innocence day, so you know the posts will be filled with cuteness!!!

I used the very seasonally appropriate Pure Innocence-Little Witch for my card today. When I look at this image it takes me back to grade 5, Mrs. Marson's class. It was fall and we had to learn a tongue twister, and there was a contest to see who could say it the fastest and repeat it the most without making a mistake. I think it was a lesson on homonyms or something...but that doesn't really matter...what does is that I won! Ha! Ha!! I never said I wasn't competitive! Let's see how you make out...
"Which witch is watching the witch watcher watch the wicked witch wind her wrist watch?"
Oh, the funny things we remember from school, eh?  :-)

Anywho...on to my card. I used the MFT Wednesday stamp club sketch #32 for the layout along with some fun burlap that I picked up at Archiver's when I had a little shopping trip with Lisa last week {waves}.

The witch is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and then I paper pieced her hat and dress, but coloured the rest with copics. I gave her sparkly tights thanks to a couple of Spica glitter pens. The open zig zag border die-namic seemed like a perfect fit with this image and the papers are from Fancy Pants' October 31st pack. 

And the inside...super simple but effective.

Here are the details about the upcoming release on September 6 at 10 PM EST:
  • The MFT release is on September 6 at 10 PM EST. You can attend the release party from 8-10 PM EST here in the forum for fun, games, and prizes! All the new sets and dies will be available September 6 at 10 PM EST.
  • The guest designer contest is ON! Check out the forum for details on how YOU can win over $100 in stamp sets and play along with the DT for a month.
  • If you'd like to see all the teasers for today, please click on over to Kim's blog NOW! We're offering you the chance at Teaser Time prizes every day during our new release preparations! Each day, two prize vouchers are held by members of our Design Team. Starting this month, you'll have all week to comment on each of the posts - all the winners will be posted on Tuesday, September 6th around 7:30pm. Be sure to check the MFT Blog to see if you were one of our lucky fourteen winners! Remember to leave a method of contact in your comment, because if you're selected as a prize winner  but we can't reach you, then we can't get you your prize.

Here's the die-namic I used:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

43 comments:

Leslie said...

Your title made me think of the line, "I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too". Oh how I loved that movie! Your little witch is far too cute to be watching the witch watcher watch the wicked witch wind her wrist watch! Sweet sweet card! :)

Leslie said...

Forgot to say, LOVE the burlap!!

Angel said...

love all the details and i don't know if i can say that once without making a mistake! ha! fab card!

Jackie Pedro said...

You go with the tongue twister! I'm going to show it to my youngest because she's totally into them at this time!!

LOVE your card, Karen! The burlap is a great detail!!

Liz said...

Awesome Tuesday can't come fast enough

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So cute!

zehra said...

Nice card, love the purple, it,s a long time since I did a tongue twister, thanks,it,s fun one that i remeber from school days: she sells sea shells on the sea shore.

Nancy Thomas said...

I love the bright colors and the burlap is a great fall touch.

Jan Garber said...

The burlap really adds some terrific texture to your card! Too cute!

Clarissa said...

The burlap fits so well with the wee broom. Great colours!

Heather said...

So cute :)

Gabby said...

What a tongue twister! :) Your little witchis darling. Love that burlap. :)

Unknown said...

The burlap makes this card shine! I was wondering all through the hop when I would see burlap!!! TFS

Anonymous said...

Your card is too cute! Love that burlap! Today was worth the wait - TFS!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Soooooooooooooooo sweet Karen!! I love your papers and that burlap is fabulous!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Susan said...

Love this little PI, and the burlap is a nice touch :)

Liz said...

Juststunning

Steph Herbert said...

Love the texture! Super adorable card!:)

Megan said...

The burlap is a lovely addition! Spooky sweet card!

Theresa said...

Super cute adorable spooky fun card, thats my tongue twister for your card :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful card, Karen! Love the addition of the burlap.. and your memory about the tongue twister is too funny!

Cheryl said...

Great card. Love the texture. I've never heard that particular tongue twister. It's a tough one ;)

Colleen Begley said...

Another cute one, Karen! Love the burlap for fall cards too.

Rachel G said...

CUTE! Love the burlap!

jeanne girl said...

Quite the tongue twister!! Very cute card :)

Elle said...

So sweet! I LOVE the tights.

g said...

just darling! love your colors & patterns!! & what a tongue twister-LOL it's a toughie!!

starqueen said...

Hi Karen,
What a wonderful witchie card that wows! Whew! My tongue is twisted! Thanks for sharing a fun story and a fabulous card!

Debbie Carriere said...

Love your card!! Great touches with the gingham and burlap! That is quite the tongue twister, too!!

Kimberly S. said...

Beautiful coloring and layout!! LOVE the added texture the burlap adds!! GREAT job!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Just adorable -- love the added texture!

Dana White said...

oh this is so cute - I think I can guess who this will end up with & she will LOVE it!!!

jodylynn said...

So cute, love the burlap!

Jenni Hodge said...

Fabulous card - i love the different textures TFS.

Flo said...

Love the texture the burlap added along with the others. Paper piecing is great and your coloring too.

Kimberly said...

Never heard that tongue twister. I don't think I would have been able to get through that, lol. Cute card, love the texture the burlap gives.
kimsparks636@aol.com

DG said...

Love the texture you added....burlap was a fabulous idea.

Liz said...

Adorable

Lisa H. said...

cute! so glad we got those papers....I used it with her on my post for Wed.(I see the burlap here, too!). It all looks great!

Jodi Collins said...

GMTA with the burlap girlie! Isn't it SO fun? LOVE your layout with the Zig Zag Border Die-Namics, as well as your signature coloring!

Ida said...

What a darling little card. That little Witch is just so cute.

Oh my that tongue twister is a good one.

I learned a few picking strawberris in the summer that were not so nice if you said them wrong. I practice hard to get them right.
Pleasant Valley Pheasant Pluckers
and,
I slit a sheet a sheet I slit upon a slitted sheet I sit.

Anonymous said...

Your PI rocks Karen!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is totally adorable!