Tuesday, September 6, 2011

MFT Hop and Shop!


This was yet another super fabulous release from MFT and now it's time for you to pick up everything on your wish list from the Brand Spankin' New section of the MFT Boutique.

But before you go, the design team wants to leave you with just a little more inspiration and a recap of all the stamp sets and dies. You'll want to start at Kim's blog so you don't miss a thing. Oh, and in true MFT fashion, there's a prize hidden along the hop so be sure to leave comments as you hop along. Have fun!!

My card uses à la mode - Talk Nerdy To Me...love that big pencil!!! I pulled the colours from my My Mind's Eye Blink of an Eye paper pack and coloured the image with copic markers. I couldn't resist using some of the new die-namics, and the sentiment fit perfectly on the new Ticket Tab die-namic.

I wanted to show off the gorgeous Prima Donna Petals die-namics too, so I created a flower using patterned paper and corrugated paper. When I ran the corrugated paper through the die it kinda flattened the bumps so there isnt' as much texture as I'd like, but the good news is it cut through the cardboard with one quick pass!

On the inside I used the Woodgrain Fence die-namic on some Fossil cardstock and inked it with a little frayed burlap ink to bring out the wood grain texture, then I topped it with a heart I cut out using the Homespun Birdhouse die-namics.

Now you're off to see what gorgeous creation Melody has to share!

Here are the die-namics I used today:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

26 comments:

Barbara said...

Super cute card, Karen! Love the happy colors!

Jackie Pedro said...

OMGosh.....beautiful, Karen! LOVE the lace and your coloring is perfecto!

Rachel G said...

Pretty! Love the papers and that delicious flower. (i needed a new discriptive word)

Jodi Collins said...

I just gasped! This is DELIGHTFUL my friend! From the papers to the layout, your coloring and the flower...LOVE it all!

Carly said...

You must have so much patience! Stunning card, gorgeous flower, awesome colouring, terrific embellishments!

Woo hoo! fantastic!

Christina Fischer said...

This totally makes me smile!! Great colors and fun layout! LOVE the heart and fence on the inside! :)

Debbie Carriere said...

So fun! Your coloring is fabulous as are the colors you chose!

StampOwl said...

gorgeous card Karen

zehra said...

super duper card, love it

Melody said...

So cute!! I love those colors!

Susan said...

Love your paper choices and the finishing on this card.

Jenny said...

This is such a beauty Karen! Love the dp, fun colours, flower...great stuff:)

Clarissa said...

Cheerful gorgeous card!

Sherrie said...

So sweet! I love her funky pencil!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So adorable, can't wait to get my new flower die

TheScrapalicious said...

wat a beautiful card. love the papers and the flower die.

afilatreau said...

Wow! This is a stunner! Beautiful color combo and the coloring is amazing!

Heidi Brawley said...

totally adorable!!!!

Kelli Hull said...

I love it, those bright colors and the inside is SO pretty!!!!

callyannc said...

I love the Name of this stamp! Too cute and the sentiments are so cool and unique! TFS
CallyAnn
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com
I love SU too!

Lisa H. said...

sooo, so sweet! love the fence and sentiment on the inside.

Leslie said...

Sweet and your shading on that pencil is awesome!

Ida said...

This is just totally adorable and fun. Love the DP and Flower.

Anonymous said...

Look at her, you coloured her perfect!

Sarah Gough said...

grrrr, this only just popped up in my reader - but it was worth the wait, gorgeous!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I love, love, LOVE this! So awesome!