Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sweet Sunday Angel

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC134.

I've completely fallen behind in my Christmas card making for this year, and I know I'm going to have a tough time catching up, but there's no time like the present to start, right? With that said, this is Project Christmas 2011, card #16.

I used one of the beautiful angels from Joy to the World, available at Taylored Expressions. This is the current TE Giving Tree set and $5 from the sale of each set will be donated to The Angel Tree.

She's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto choice buttercream and coloured with copics. I paper pieced her dress using My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Christmas paper, and the music paper is from the same pack. I cut out the image with rectangle nestabilities and then in order to fit the red layer underneath, I simply chopped off the embossed edge of the cream layer and cut the red layer using the exact same size rectangle nestie. That ensured the brown scallop rectangle would fit perfectly. I used the scalloped eyelet border die then created the mini roses using the heart border die. I saw this on Charmaine's blog a few days ago and she did a great video tutorial showing how to make the flowers. Thanks for this fabulous idea Charmaine!

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

14 comments:

Jen Tapler said...

Beautiful Karen! Love that angel with the sparkly wings! You're making me feel like I need to get started on my holiday cards...

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Gorgeous card Karen!! I'm just going to copy exactly what Jen said "Love that angel with the sparkly wings! You're making me feel like I need to get started on my chrissy cards..."
Hahaha.. yep even copy and pasted it!! hahaha
xx SJ

Kim O'Connell said...

WHOA! Thanks for the link to the tutorial! Into my cart it goes! Beautiful card! Love her paper pieced dress and sparkly wings!

Rachel G said...

She is soo beautiful! I love everything about this card!

Dawn Easton said...

So sweet, Karen! How did I miss this set from TE? ack! Must order soon! Your little flowers turned out beautifully!!

Leslie said...

Pretty and I like your two tips (I spell checked that several times!!) - the nestie cutting tip and the mini rose tip. Love the soft blue shading around her too. I think you should make ALL your cards for the rest of the month Christmas and you'll be well caught up!

Lynn Put said...

Beautiful Karen! Your paper piecing is seamless, your coloring fantastic and your choice of papers perfect!

Karen Giron said...

I've missed your Christmas cards on Sundays! Glad to see you're getting back into the swing of it and inspiring me to get my act together. How gorgeous is this card?! I love the paper pieced angel and the paper is beautiful! love it!

Vicki Burdick said...

Your cards always blow me away Karen, you know I am a big fan!! This is adorable!!! Love that sweet angel and pretty paper and roses!!

Teresa Zuehls said...

What a beautiful card! Ditto loving the sparkly wings.

Crafty Cath said...

Such a beautiful Chirstmas image. I love so much about this card, the paper pieced dress, the shabby ivory seam binding ribbon, the gorgeous roses...Ack!!! It's awesome!

Jodi Collins said...

Oh girlie! This is GORGEOUS! The angel is SO beautifully colored and I LOVE her paper pieced outfit! BEAUTIFUL papers and flowers too!!

Dana White said...

this is so sweet- what a fabulous Christmas card

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so cute and sweet. Love it!