Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sweet Sunday Holiday Wishes

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC135.

Hooray for getting another Christmas card done this week! This brings my "Project Christmas 2011" total to 17 cards. Still way less than I'll need, but at least it's progress.

I used à la mode - Candy Cane Kisses from MFT and I flipped the sketch to accommodate her. She's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with copics. I gave the candy cane some sparkle by colouring it with my red Spica glitter pen. The sentiment is on one of the banners from the First Place Award Ribbon die-namics and for the circle element I used the dizzy doily die-namic. The middle size of the Let it Snowflake die-namics was the perfect size for a little embellishment.

All the coloured cardstock is from MFT: cotton candy, wild cherry, sour apple and sno cone. The patterned paper is an older one from Doodlebug, the Winter Wonderland collection.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the die-namics I used:

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Karen Giron said...

SO fabulous! I love that you turned the sketch (you and Dana gave new life to this sketch and made it better!) and the sparkle in the candy cane is gorgeous! Thanks for adding to my ever growing MFT wish list... ;)

Dawn Easton said...

Oh I love that a la mode! Great idea to flip the sketch! I'm behind on holiday cards too. I thought if I did 4 a week I'd be good to go by Christmas. That 4 a week thing lasted one week...ha! Glad you are going strong with yours!

Leslie said...

Did you hear me "oooh" out loud?! I love those colours and that image...which I now have...yay!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Perfection Karen!! I have so missed your wonderful Christmas cards on Sunday! Love the sparkle on the candy cane!!

Lynn Put said...

This is fabulous Karen! Your card makes me want this cute Christmas a la mode! Love the fun colors, bright pink doily and glittery candy cane!

Dana White said...

this is fabulous - I really should ink her up to get some of my Christmas cards done!!

Renee said...

Super cute! Fantastic colors and coloring…..love it!

Cheryl said...

Who'd have thought pink and blue would make such a great Christmas card! Love it! Those red boots are super snazzy.

Kathy Martin said...

Very cute! Great wintertime colors!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Congratulations on having 17 christmas cards done. I think I had 2 made and I gave them both away. I love this card. The sketch looks great on it's side.

Jessie/knightrone said...

LOVE this one!! LOVE it!!