Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sweet Sunday Christmas Tree

I'm back with my card for today's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC136. After nearly 2.5 hours on the phone with Apple Care, it appears the issues with my new computer have been resolved...fingers crossed. About an hour ago I was wondering if a new computer was worth the hassle, but I think I've come to my senses now.  :-)

As promised, this is a Christmas card, and in fact it's card #18 for Project Christmas 2011. You'll notice that I flipped the sketch upside down to accommodate the tree image.

I used Sparkle & Cheer from Taylored Expressions and added some light pink Twinkles to give the tree a little sparkle. The offset circle element happened by accident when I put the two circles down...that's how they landed and I really liked it so I kept it!

The patterned paper is Jillibean Soup Christmas Eve Chowder. Love the non-traditional colours for Christmas. I used my medium scallop border die to cut the strip of pink then topped it with some green velvet ribbon. I used the small dots from the lots of dots impression plate to emboss the striped background paper and of course I couldn't finish the card without a little stitching.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. If you haven't already done so, be sure to hop around to see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.


Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

Kristie W. said...

Pretty card :) Love the twinkles on the tree and the dp you used.

Lana Clarke said...

such a fresh and simple but very striking card.
Lana x

Jessie/knightrone said...

So cute! Great sketch!

Leslie said...

Ooh, worth the wait - lovely and I love your happy "accident" with the offset circles! Don't you love when that happens?! :)

Lynn Put said...

Very pretty Karen! The twinkles and green velvet ribbon look wonderful with this tree image!

Unknown said...

Ooooh that's a very festive Christmas card, I love the non-traditional colors you used!