Monday, May 2, 2011

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks Day 1

It's the first day of sneak peeks so are you ready for a little baby cuteness?!? Today you'll see projects using Welcome Little One, Invitation and Announcement a la carte stamps, Heart Frame a la carte stamp, Welcome Baby a la carte stamp, Frame it Up 2 die and Heart Frame die. We're also introducing two new project pantry kits, Alphabet Soup Boy and Alphabet Soup Girl. All the new products will be available at Taylored Expressions on Thursday, May 5th from 8am PST.


I used Welcome Little One and the Alphabet Soup Boy Project Pantry on my card today...cute cute CUTE!!!

Welcome Little One is the next set in the TE Giving Tree series of stamps. For the months of May, June and July, when you purchase Welcome Little One you'll be helping to support Bethany Christian Services, the nation's largest adoption agency. BCS also cares for women facing unplanned pregnancies as well as orphans living on five continents. Their comprehensive services include adoption, temporary foster care, counseling, training, and family support knowing that children thrive in safe, loving and strong families. Taylored Expressions will donate $7.00 to Bethany Christian Services for every Welcome Little One stamp set sold in the next three months. Be sure to visit the Bethany Christian Services website for more details about their services.

The TE Giving tree sets are made of the same high quality red rubber as all TE sets but the stamps come un-trimmed in order to save manufacturing costs to be able to maximize the charitable donation. So you'll need to trim the stamps with a good pair of scissors, but you'll be stamping in no time. This set was designed by Taylor as part of the TE line. It's so fitting given Taylor's exciting news that she's expecting!

I used the Splitcoast sketch #329 for the layout. I layered a few of the images to get the result I wanted and coloured the safety pin and pacifier with copics. I used my wonky rectangle Nestabilities for the yellow layer and added some texture with my stars impression plate.

I have a little tip on how I got the zig zag blue layer...it was completely by accident. I pulled out my heart border die and cut it from blue cardstock, but when I pulled the cut pieces apart I realized I had a nice zig zag strip that would work perfectly on a boy card. I added a little green glimmer twill and some stitching and called it done!

Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Baker's Dozen created with these fun sets and dies!!



Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

13 comments:

Taylor said...

Love, love the zig zag strip and I'm so glad you showed how you stumbled upon it cuz I'm a visual person! So fun!

Jess Willison said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for sharing the zig-zag strip! Great idea!

Sankari W. said...

SOOO sooo cute and lovely Karen - what an awesome WElcome little one card - and I am so amazed at your stitching the wonky die - YOU my friend are soooo amazing!!! Gorgeous bright cheerful and happy card!!!
Hugs,
Sankari :)

Jodi Collins said...

GORGEOUS girlie! LOVE the bright colors, all the layers and how you got that zig zag!!!

Janet said...

cute card:)
hugs

Karen Giron said...

Oh my! LOVE the colors you used for this card and the layout is so yummy with those images!! Super adorable!

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

This is spectacular! Bright and happy and cheerful! Great sewing...wowza!

Unknown said...

Such a fun, bright card!! Love how you used the wonky die-- I've had those for months and still haven't' figured out a way to incorporate them!

Jami said...

Your card is so bright and fun! LOve that die cutting tip - you can use all 3 pieces - how cool!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally cute!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So, so sweet! I love the fun, bright colors!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is totally ADORABLE! LOVE the stripes and the layout!

Danielle L. said...

Fabulous boy card! And neat trick using the die! :)