Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sweet Sunday Fred the Indian

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC118.

I used the cutest bear around, Fred Bear Plays Indian from MFT. I just love how the sentiments in this set all begin with "how" but they're split up, making them perfect for adorning both the outside and inside of the card.

I stamped Fred with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured him with copics. I used the E50 series of browns but when I was all done colouring him he looked too "butterscotchy" so I went over his entire body with E42 to add in a little more brownish tone.

The patterned papers are from the My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Fly a Kite 6x6 pad...such cheery colours!!! I used my simply scallops medium die-namic on the blue strip and the notched tag stamp set and die-namic for the "how...". Cappuccino twine was the perfect accent for attaching a kiwi corduroy button.

I kept the inside quite simple (as I tend to do on all the insides I decorate) and left enough space to hand-write a little note.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now let's go see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

13 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Cuteness, Karen! Love the fun colours you used with Fred!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Such a CUTE card!!!! Love it!!

xx SJ

Leslie said...

I love all the little tips you always give, like going over him with another copic! He's very cute and the bright colours and all the texture is cute, cute, cute!

Vicki Burdick said...

So adorable, love the colors and you know how I LOVE your coloring!!!

Lynn Put said...

Oh WOW (not How lol)Karen! Love these awesome colors with this adorable image! So cute!

Dana White said...

"How" cute is Fred the bear?! Awesome card my friend

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is just too cute, Karen! Love the fun mix of colors and I really need to invest in that Notched Tag Die-namics set! What a great accent! :D

SaltAndPepperMakers said...

That bear is just adorable! Great job with the coloring too. I've never really had the patience for filling in with colour so I tend to stay away from character stamps. You make it look effortless.

Karen Giron said...

You are the Copic wonder-girl! LOVE this cute little image and the colors you used - so fab!

Jodi Collins said...

How....much do I love this? LOVE the colors and papers! This is awesome my friend!

Janet said...

Super cute Injun:) hee hee
hugs

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is TOTALLY cute!!!

Jody Morrow said...

Precious card. Your coloring is so soft and smooth. :)