Sunday, May 15, 2011

MFTeasers-à la modes Day 1!

This month's new à la mode girls from MFT are super cute and I know you're going to love them as much as I do.

I Need Some Face Time is perfect for the techy in me (not that I'm really that technically savvy...I just like gadgets!). There's nothing better than a good face to face chat with a friend, but when you live hundreds of miles apart, the internet comes in handy!

I coloured her with copics and added just a little sparkle with my orange Spica glitter pen. I'm addicted to cutting these girls out so I didn't fight it, and I layered her onto fun patterned paper from my Basic Grey June Bug pad. I tucked a white border, cut out with my double scallop border die-namic, under the main image and added a rhinestone flourish. It started as clear rhinestones but I used my YR18 copic marker to colour each of the stones. I had to be careful not to get the adhesive strip between the rhinestones but it really only took me a couple of minutes.

The rolled daisy die-namic seemed like a perfect embellishment so I cut mine out of orange cardstock to make it pop. I curled the petals back then finished it with a simple white button.

You'll be able to pick up your very own à la mode - I Need Some Face Time in the MFT Boutique tomorrow night at 10pm Eastern.

In the past, we've released our à la modes images in cling rubber, however, this month, we're releasing both of our à la modes in clear photopolymer, just like the rest of our stamps.  This means that we can bring them to you a slightly lower price point than usual - $9.00 each!  How fabulous is that?!  Since our clear stamps are made in the USA, they are of the highest quality, so you'll have the same great image quality that you're accustomed to with any of our other clear stamps!  Sweet deal right?

Be sure to hop over to Kim's blog for a list of all the designers sharing samples of this high-tech a la mode.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

20 comments:

Sherrie said...

She stands out so great on that fun graphic paper! Cool!

Eva said...

Karen, this is adorable!!! Love the papers you used and your coloring is super sweet!

StampOwl said...

awesome card Karen

Melody said...

Great card! Love how you cut her out and put her on the great graphic paper!

Inge Groot said...

Wow such fun and bright colors, awesome card!

Kary said...

Fun bright colours!! Very cute!!

Christina Fischer said...

How fun is this?!? LOVE these colors and papers, and that flower looks fabulous! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Karen, this is awesome! Love the fun colours and your daisy is amazing!

Leslie said...

Fun, fun, fun - love the bright colours! Love this little image, her shorts, her shoes, her IPad - it is an IPad right? :) Fabulous card and loving the blonde hair!!!

Megan said...

I love the colors on this--she just POPS out!! Lovely, lady!

Rachel G said...

Love the orange daisy! So cute. Love*Love*Love this stamp.

Dana White said...

Oh my friend this is stinking cute - I have to order here!!

Jodi Collins said...

How AWESOME girlie! LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors and papers you used! Your coloring is impeccable and that big orange flower makes me smile!

Kim said...

Love the bright colors Karen!

Anonymous said...

Your bright coloured cards rock girl! Your bling and rolled daisy rock!

Kim O'Connell said...

So hip and cool, bright and fun, sassy and stylish! Love the pop of that beautiful orange daisy!

Michele Boyer said...

SUPER fun color combo! Totally adorable!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very sweet card Karen! Such a great mix of colors and patterns! Your coloring is perfect! :D

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMGOSH.....this is so FABULOUS!!!!!

Jody Morrow said...

I love the colors, the coloring is awesome, and the flower is beautiful.