Friday, May 27, 2011

Sweet Stuff SFYTT

I finally had a chance to play with Jen's May Sketch For You To Try. Seems like I'm always squeaking in under the wire with these sketches. LOL!!

I reached for Sassy & Sweet from MFT, along with the coordinating Sweet Stack die-namics. Confession time...I've had this set since it was released and this is the first time it's seen ink. I don't even want to know how many months it's been sitting in my stamp drawer, waiting ever so patiently. I think I'm in love with this set now though!! It's so FUN with the animal prints and the swirly font and sassy sentiments!!

I started by stamping the zebra print with Memento Rich Cocoa onto cream, then I added a little Frayed Burlap Distress Ink around the edges. Then I stamped the leopard print with Memento Lilac Posies onto light pink and coloured in the center of the spots with my YR02 copic marker. Next I stamped the outline around the sentiment with SU kiwi kiss and the sentiment itself with Memento Tuxedo Black. The colours are all pulled from patterned papers in my Basic Grey Sweet Threads collection.

Not sure if you can see it in the photograph, but I used two different animal print embossing folders on the patterned papers, and gave them a light sanding to help the pattern stand out a little. The scallop ribbon border die-namic creates a wonderful center strip and I added some pink velvet ribbon from my stash for a little pop of colour.

I used my Upsy Daisy die-namics to create the flower accent from a mix of solid and patterned papers, and I added a brown sparkler to the center.

Hopefully this will inspire you to dig out a forgotten or not-inked-up-yet stamp and have some fun!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

Leslie said...

So fun with all the texture and 'zooology' stuff going on! Love that you coloured in the leopard spots!

Dana White said...

Ummm where is this shabby chic stuff coming from?! LOVE it now I MUST order those die-namics

Tammy E. said...

This is a really cute card -- love the flower.

Jenny said...

Love this card- so much detail- awesome colours too! Didn't think I even wanted this set, but your card has changed my mind! lol

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Too fun! Love your bright colour choices with all those animal prints happening!

Evette K. said...

GREAT card gf. Just love your choice of stamps (about time u used that set...tee hee hee. I have some too!) and papers. It just all came together is such a fantastic way. TY for the stunning creation.