Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sweet Sunday Lemonade and Another PI Teaser

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC115.

Given that it's also Pure Innocence teaser day for the new MFT release, I thought I'd share another new PI set, Pucker Up. Is she not just so sweet at her little lemonade stand?!? She'll be available along with all the other new MFT products on Tuesday, May 3rd at 10pm EST.

The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto choice snow white and coloured with copics. I couldn't resist paper piecing the table with the gingham patterned paper from my Basic Grey Lemonade paper pad. I added some crackle accents on the pitcher of lemonade for a fun 'twist'!  :-)

I added plenty of stitching along with a pomegranate bow, which I topped off with a paper button (cut out with my button quartet die-namics) and a knot of honeydew twine.

I decorated the inside too, because I really wanted to use this sentiment and didn't really have room for it on the front. The fancy border was cut out with my dizzy border die-namic.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch challenge and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers came up with.
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

22 comments:

Crafty Math Chick said...

LOVE your new sketch Karen! And something about the DP you used on your lovely card just reminds me of pink lemonade and makes my lips pucker - fabulous coloring job too!

José said...

Great job! I love the way that dizzy border peeks out!

Playing with Paper said...

I LOVE this new stamp set pucker up!! Your card is fantastic!!! I love the colors and your coloring!!

Karen Giron said...

Oh great, there's those adorable pony-tails just teasing me! She is too cute and already on my ever-growing wish list! Your card is soooo cute! LOVE the bow and swirls and paper!

Dawn Easton said...

Isn't she a doll?! Love the crackle you added to the glass container!!

Susan said...

So cool....love the crackle on the lemonade pitcher.

Anne Tussing said...

Perfect dp with the cute little PI! Great card!!

Leslie said...

This is the SWEETEST card ever!! I adore it! You amaze me with all the little extras you do - the crackle on the lemonade jug, the two tone shadow along the edges (!), the tablecloth that looks so real, the inside dizzy border die is perfect and you cut out tiny fruit on the inside too! I bow to your greatness! :)

Lynn Put said...

This is fabulous Karen! Love the fun details of the paper piecing and cracked glass pitcher!

Vicki Burdick said...

Karen, this is just adorable!! Love that new PI girl and her pig tails!!! You are just amazing with all the fun details!!

Vicki Burdick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna Baker said...

how cute! congrats on MFT DT - no doubt you're going to do a FAB job as usual!

Joanna McDonald said...

She is adorable and you did a
beautiful job, down to the button
die!! Very clever and cute!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is totally cute!!

jjcreations said...

Totally sweet. All ready to earn money for the summer.

Tinkerbeth said...

Completely delightful! Love the crackle accents on the pitcher!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Absolutely adorable, Karen! This image is just darling! What a wonderful little scene you've created! Perfect papers too! :D

Bonnie said...

Love your colors. Never get mine to come out that well. So jealous.

Anonymous said...

sweet little PI!! love it!! great colors!!

jennik

Dana White said...

Oh my BFF she is so freaking cute!!! LOVE this card & I really need this sweet PI girl!!

Jodi Collins said...

OMG! This could NOT be cuter! LOVE the papers you used!

Jody Morrow said...

Precious! Your coloring on that is GORGEOUS.