Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sweet Sunday Dragonfly

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC116.

There are so many possibilities with this sketch, from cards to scrapbook pages, it's a fabulous layout. Since today is Mother's Day I decided to make a card for my Mom.

Really Karen? A bug? Is that the best representation of how you feel about your Mom??? I know you're probably thinking all this BUT it totally makes sense. See, my mom looooooooves dragonflies. She has several dragonfly brooches and sometimes wears one on her shoulder so it looks like it just landed there. Every summer at the cottage we're lucky enough to watch the dragonfly nymphs transform into beautiful helicopters (that's what we affectionately call them) and they'll sit on your finger while they wait for their wings to dry out before they fly away. So does the card make sense now? LOL!!!

The dragonfly image is from Discover Your Wings and the sentiment is from Fresh Flowers, both part of the Whimsical Wishes line from Taylored Expressions. I stamped the dragonfly with Memento Tuxedo Black then cut him out and adhered him with foam tape to the cream panel, which I cut with my wonky rectangle Nestabilities. The patterned papers are from the Lily Bee Stationery collection. I used my large scallop border die on the purple polka dot paper and added some texture to the solid purple layer with my hearts impression plate.

I hope you'll play along this week and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Karen Giron said...

I wasn't thinking bug! I love this! all those prima roses, yummy!!

Jen Tapler said...

I'm with Karen - I didn't think buggy at all. It's gorgeous! Love all the texture and the stitching especially! Your Mom will love it!!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful, Karen!! I'm sure your Mom will love it! The colour is wonderful too!

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Lynn Put said...

This is gorgeous Karen! I love how you stamped the dragonfly on purple and the roses, embossing and bling look fantastic!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this Karen, all those roses are gorgeous as well as the bling!!! I love the dragonfly and the story behind it! Perfect for your Mother!

Leslie said...

Your Mum will love this - because you used something she loves! Pretty card!

Danni said...

Beautiful card! Really love the story about why this is meaningful to your mom!

Teresa Zuehls said...

What a lovely Mother's Day card. I love the color and the prima flowers.

Teresa Zuehls said...

What a lovely Mother's Day card. I love the color and the prima flowers.

Dana White said...

This is lovely - I really like the flowers and the colours you used on your card

Jessie/knightrone said...

I think it is GORGEOUS, and I am sure she will love it!!