Thursday, May 19, 2011

Congratulations on your Graduation

Today I have a quick and simple graduation card using the awesome Dream Big set from Taylored Expressions.

There's a perfect mix of solid and line images in this set so you can take the quick and easy road or spend a little time colouring. I decided to share a simple card that would be great to re-create in multiples. Just change the cardstock colours to suit the school colours. The star paper is from the October Afternoon 5  & Dime pad. The polka dots on the ribbon were white so I coloured over them with my E43 copic marker so they'd be more creamy. I added a little sparkle around the lacey circle frame with some Crystal Twinkles. Even with the bit of sewing, this card still came together is less than 20 minutes.

That's all I have for today. We just got home on Monday from a two week vacation in Portugal and all my pre-scheduled posts have run out, so I need to hit my stamp room at start creating again.  :-)

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Look at that perfect stitching around the main image! Awesome card, Karen!

Dana White said...

How smart are you colouring over the dots!! What a perfect Grad card

Kim O'Connell said...

Love this! Classy all the way around!

Michele Boyer said...

Look at that stitching around the circle! It's perfect! Love this!

Jessie/knightrone said...

How fabulous!