Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Thank You {MFTWSC78}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 78.

You may recall that last Sunday I made a Thank You card for a doctor, well I couldn't leave out the nurse, so I used Pure Innocence Best Medicine for today's card.


I paired patterned papers from October Afternoon 9 to 5 with Fossil, cream and yellow. The Little Open Scallop Border Die-namics was perfect for the scallopy layer and I added some tiny bling to jazz it up a little. Then I wrapped some Flax Twine and tied a bow. The small banner from the First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics was perfect for the "Thank You" sentiment, which is from the All Occasion Sentiments.

For the image I paper pieced her apron and coloured the rest with copic markers. I added some sparkle to the orange crosses thanks so my orange Spica glitter pen. I used my SU lattice embossing folder to emboss the Fossil layer and I love how it mimics the cross on her hat. Too cute!


There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC78. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!
Be sure to head over to the MFT Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

4 comments:

Debbie Carriere said...

This is gorgeous, Karen!! LOVE your corloring and piecing!!

Leslie said...

Simply adorable! Love the embossed + background that matches the + on her cap and that sweet little nurses outfit! Great idea to tuck the sentiment behind her leg too!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh she is super cute

Anonymous said...

GF, this one is fantastic!