Tuesday, June 19, 2012

MFT VIP - Let's Go Surfing Now...

Sing it with me!!!
Let's go surfing now,
Everybody's learning how,
Come on a "surf"-ari with meeeeeeeeeee!

Now that you're in a beachy mood, it's time for the Pure Innocence Surf's Up VIP Collection from My Favorite Things!!

Here's what you'll get for just $33.90:
Pure Innocence Surfer Chick stamp set
Pure Innocence Surfer Dude stamp set
Surf's Up Sentiments Mini stamp set (VIP exclusive stamp set - will never be offered for sale or be available again, a $9 value, FREE)
Jumbo Squiggle Border Die-namics die
Sentiment Strips Die-namics dies

The Pure Innocence Surf's Up VIP Collection is available in LIMITED QUANTITIES while supplies last only, and you'll get new stamps and Die-namics dies a full two weeks before they're released!!

I have two cards to share today and I'll start with PI Surfer Chick. Get your sunglasses because this is a bright one!

I had a vision of her standing on the beach with a sunrise (or sunset) in the background. Well, the Echo Park Splash 6x6 paper pad was perfect for making my vision come to life. I used the Jumbo Squiggle Border Die-namics die to cut out some cork sheets for the sand, then used it again to cut out the Blue Raspberry card stock for the water.

I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black and did lots of paper piecing for the surfboard and her wet suit. The rest is coloured with copic markers. The "Hit the Beach" sentiment is from the Surf's Up VIP sentiments mini and I stamped it onto white card stock which I cut out using the Chat Bubbles Die-namics.

On the inside I used one of the Sentiments Strips Die-namics to cut out the Lemon Drop card stock then stamped one of the sentiments from the PI Surfer Chick. I stamped her again with Memento Cantaloupe.

Next up is my little PI Surfer Dude.

This card has a little story with it...We were in Hawaii last month and I've always wanted to take surfing lessons. What better place to do it than Waikiki Beach? So I did it!!! It was fun and scary and exhilarating all at the same time. I made this card to send to my surfing instructor. :-)

I used the Card Patterns Sketch 169 for the layout. I did lots of paper piecing again with more patterns from the Echo Park Splash pad and cut out the white and Sour Apple circles with the Circles 1 STAX and Circles 2 STAX Die-namics. I used the Jumbo Squiggle Border Die-namics to create the waves from two patterned papers. I used the Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics for the fishy accent paper and lots of Orange Fizz card stock layers.

"Ride the Waves" is from the Surf's Up VIP Sentiments Mini set and I used another of the Sentiment Strips Die-namics to cut out the orange paper.

On the inside I stamped PI Surfer Chick (she's supposed to represent me) and the sentiment from PI Surfer Dude. It's absolutely perfect for my card!!


Be sure to start at the MFT Blog for a complete list of participating designers and lots of inspiration using the Pure Innocence Surf's Up VIP Collection!

Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

13 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So cute!!!!! I love the new VIP and your dp and your great design

Barbara said...

OMGosh! These are awesome, Karen! Love your first one and totally love the story for the second one--your instructor will love that card!

Dana White said...

Is that you from when you were on vaca?! LOVE the paper pieced suits

Melody said...

Cute cards Karen! I love how you used the cork!

Cornelie said...

I like this sunny cards!!

wendy said...

2 really fun, bright beachy cards Karen!

Kristy Hansen said...

Both cards are so cute-and the instructor is going to love it I'm sure. Love the added cork to look like sand. ksh

StampOwl said...

Such bright & cheery cards

Carol W. said...

Fantastic cards. Love the sun ray background for the girl image. Creative waves for the boy card. TFS

Leslie said...

OMGosh I started singing the rest of that song before I even scrolled down to your post! And it's perfect timing as the Beach Boys were here last night performing! LOVE that paper with the rays of sunshine and the cork for the sand - TOO perfect! Love both these little surfers and I'm sure your instructor will love your card to him!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE both cards are Super cute!!! I finally bought my 1st VIP kit today!! whoot whoot! still kicking myself for not getting last months!! sniff sniff!!!

Lisa H. said...

i need to do that next time I get back to Hawaii....love that you made a card to send to your instructor. these are sooo super cute! love the fun papers.

Jodi Collins said...

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING cards my friend! Of course, your coloring on both is perfection, but I especially LOVE the Surf Chick with the rays of sunshine!