Monday, June 11, 2012

Play Ball

I've taken the plunge and joined in for the monthly MFT Creative Challenge. This month the challenge was to "Frame It".

Hop over to the MFT Blog for a complete list of participating designers. I know the projects will be spectacular and hopefully inspire you to play along.


I took the challenge quite literally and created a fun baseball themed photo frame. I think this would be perfect for a picture of your sweet little league guy or gal. I framed a picture from the game we were at last Saturday.

I started with a plain wood frame from the craft store and I stamped the baseball bat from All Star stamps and Die-namics with frayed burlap ink.  Pure Innocence Baseball Boy was the inspiration for this frame. I stamped him with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured him with copic markers.

I used the All Star stamps and Die-namics again to create the baseball and the Just the Ticket stamps and Die-namics were perfect for creating the admission ticket.

To create the "Play Ball" title I cut out Wild Cherry card stock using the Mini Pennant Die-namics, then I stamped the letters from the Banner Day Alphabet stamp set. I added some Charcoal Twine to hang the banners and secured the ends with two silver brads. Well, I "faux secured" them with silver brads...I wasn't up to the battle of getting the brads into the wood frame, so I simply cut off the pokey ends of the brads and hot glued them in place. I curled the ends of the banners to give them a blowing-in-the-wind kinda look.

You can take the challenge literally, like I did, or think outside the box. But whatever direction you take, I hope you'll play along this month.

Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

15 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Karen, this is DARLING!!! LOVE the bats on the frame! So so cute!

Inge Groot said...

So cute, love the little banner and PI baseball looks very handsome!

Cyndi said...

What a wonderful idea to stamp the frame. Thanks for the inspiration

Lisa H. said...

this turned out GREAT! love the bats stamped in the background....you had me fooled, I thought it was a woodgrain look, which it is, but done with the bats....it's awesome. Go Reds!

wendy said...

whow Karen this is so cute....love that you stamped the bats right on the frame..perfect look and turned out awesome!

Kristy Hansen said...

The bats on the frame add to the overall theme of your frame. Love how you colored the PI boy up and added the banner. Great keepsake for a special time you all had. ksh

Jodi Collins said...

This is AWESOME girlie!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea and the ticket is the perfect little accent! LOVE this!

Barbara said...

Love this, Karen! The bats on the frame is genius and the ticket and ball are icing on the cake!

Kim said...

That is REALLY clever Karen!

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh this is fabulous, Karen! I absolutely LOVE the bats stamped on the wood frame that is SO creative and looks fabulous...PI Baseball boy is adorable too!
Hugs,t

Karen Giron said...

LOVE this! How cute are all the bats on the frame and I adore your admit one ticket - so clever!

Sherrie said...

Love this Karen! So nice to see projects other than the super girly cute (although I am a sucker for those too). Love it!

Dawn Easton said...

Super cute, Karen! Love how you've stamped all around the frame! FUN!

Alina said...

gorgeous frame, Karen, lovely idea!
hugs, Alina

Carol W. said...

Super cute, love the baseball bats around the frame! Great job TFS