Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Special Person

I have a pretty card to share today, which I made using a sketch from the Clean & Simple blog, FTL194. I know it doesn't look like a typical CAS card, but I love how it turned out.

I needed an anniversary card for friends so I pulled out Clearly Sentimental About Anniversaries, from My Favorite Things. This couple loves to laugh and joke with each other so I think the sentiment on the front of the card is perfect for them.


I used patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye A Beautiful Life paper pad and paired them with Fossil, Jellybean Green, perfect plum, and cream card stocks. I used the Simply Scallops Large Die-namics to cut out the Fossil scallop layer and topped it with some Orchid twine. The main panel layers were cut out using the Rectangle 1 STAX and Rectangle 2 STAX Die-namics.

For the flower I used Prima Donna Petals Die-namics and cut the larger flower from patterned paper, then cut the inside flower from Wisteria felt. I recently received a slew of buttons from Buttons Galore and More and I chose a Sunflower button for the flower center.

On the inside I simply stamped "Happy Anniversary" and added a polka dot strip which I cut out with the Small Scallop Border Die-namics.

Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

9 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

Oh my. Karen, this is really really GORGEOUS! LOVE the papers, the twine and scallop accent on the panel, and most especially, the combo of felt and patterned paper on the flower. Really exquisite my friend!!!

Debbie Carriere said...

What a beautiful card!! I bet they loved it!

Leslie said...

SO pretty! Lovely colours and I love that you used pattern paper AND felt for the flower...so clever and so pretty. I'm sure your friends will get a real chuckle out of their card :)

Kathy Martin said...

Beautiful card! Love the flowers and details! Thanks so much for the blog visit and comment! Very much appreciated! :)

wendy said...

oohhh this is pretty, lovely flower

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

I love that sentiment, I used it on my own Anniversary card earlier this month, lol. Love the paper and colors you used with it, such a great design.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME card! It's so gorgeous...and that sentiment is so funny! Love all your MFT posts so much. Miss ya for sure at BDDT!

Denise Marzec said...

Such GORGEOUS colors!

Vicki Burdick said...

Beautiful!!!