Saturday, June 23, 2012

Thank You DOC

The MFT Guest Designer Contest is on now, and it's a sketch this month. So I thought I'd play along and give a little inspiration in case you're on the fence about participating (which you should definitely hop off and start stamping because the prize is A-mazing!!!). Read all the details of the Guest Designer Contest in this thread.


I used Pure Innocence World's Best Doctor to create this masculine thank you card. I received some new goodies from I {heart} Papers and I dug into the October Afternoon 9 to 5 patterned paper right away.

I paper pieced the doctor's lab coat. I know they're not usually so colourful, but this is stampy world and I can make things any colour I want, right? The rest of the image was coloured with copic markers. I used the First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics to cut out the cream flag for the sentiment. I embellished it with a Sour Apple star which I cut out using the Stacking Stars Die-namics, along with a yellow button and some Honey Dew twine. I used my diamond plate embossing folder to add texture to the blue polka dot paper then sanded it a little to reveal the white core.

The banners were fun to create using a combination of patterned paper, Orange Fizz, and Sour Apple card stocks, along with the Mix & Match Banners Die-namics, the Circle 2 STAX Die-namics, and the By the Letters Uppercase Die-namics. The base layer is Blue Raspberry card stock.

I hope you'll take the challenge and get stamping with this sketch. But hurry, time will run out in about a week.

Here are the Die-namics I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Super cute, Karen! I love the star and button with the banner and that paper is darling with him!

Alice said...

really cool colors and textures. fab card, Karen!

Danni said...

Fabulous card! So bright and vibrant!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so adorable, love these colors you used

Denise Marzec said...

That's what I love about "stampy world"...you CAN make anything ANY color you want. Love how colorful this whole card is....and I definitely need to get those letter dies. I see an MFT shopping trip in my future.

Vicki Burdick said...

So cute, love that sweet little banner and the colors are perfect and of course you know I LOVE your coloring!!

Unknown said...

Just darling, Karen! I love the fun, bright colors and I wish more doctors wore fun lab coats like this!