Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks Day 2

Today the Baker's Dozen is showcasing Mom a la carteIt's a Banner Day 3, the coordinating Banner Day 3 die and two fabulous card kits. All the new products will be available at Taylored Expressions starting tomorrow, April 7th, at 8am PST.

It's a Banner Day 3 is the last set in the banner series that is illustrated by Taylor for the TE line and was concepted by Iwona Palamountain, and she's playing along with us today for sneak peeks.

The sentiments in this set are so versatile and can be paired with a variety of images, new or old. I decided to give an older set a little love and paired It's a Banner Day 3 with CreativiTEA.

I've used the Emma's Shoppe Card Kit, which contains:
10 choice buttercream cardstock A-2 card bases
10 A-2 envelopes
15 sheets of patterned paper sized for card making at 4" x 6" (3 sheets each of 5 double-sided patterns from the Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe collection)
20 sheets of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" cardstock (4 sheets each of 5 colours)
1 package of Kaisercraft pearls
8 panels of choice buttercream cardstock sized 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" for images and layering
5 yards of ribbon (2.5 yards each of 2 different styles)
1 Perfect Package Card Box

I created a lovely set of four cards, using the same layout and image on each card, but I switched up the sentiments so they're all different. That way you can see the versatility of It's a Banner Day 3 even when I use the same image.

I stamped the teapot with Memento Tuxedo Black directly onto the floral patterned paper and cut it out. I added a little shading with my R46 copic marker and a small pearl to the lid. I popped the teapot with foam tape onto the pink layer, which was cut out with my From the Heart Frame die.

The banner outline was stamped with regal rose, and I used my stamp positioner to ensure perfect placement of each sentiment. Then I cut out the banners with the coordinating Banner Day 3 die.

Did you notice the texture on the yellow background layer? That's thanks to my circles impression plate. And I added a sweet green scallop to the design using my medium scallop border die.

But I didn't stop at just a set of cards...I also decorated the Perfect Package Card Box that comes in the Emma's Shoppe Card Kit. I wanted to keep the decor quite simple, in keeping with my simply layered cards. The entire focal point was done with a variety of dies: Leafy Branch, Garden Party Blooms 2, and Friendship Blooms. Even with everything I created using this kit, I still have plenty of supplies left for at least six more cards, if not more!

I can't wait to see what the rest of the Baker's Dozen created with It's a Banner Day 3, Mom a la carte, and these fun card kits!
Charmaine Ikach
Danielle Lounds
Jackie Pedro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Melissa Sauls
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Taylor VanBruggen
Tori Wild
illustrator, Nancy McKinney
and special designer, Iwona Palamountain

Here are the dies I used on today's projects.

See you tomorrow for another fun sample for release day!
Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Taylor said...

So pretty, Karen! Love the patterns and colors you paired up and those patterned teapots are simply adorable!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh these are so sweet, Karen! Love the vibrant colours, and I'm a big fan of these papers myself :)

Danni said...

Lovin' these!! So fab!

Jodi Collins said...

OOOH! LOVE these Karen! The paper pieced tea pots are SO delightful and I LOVE the pearls as the toppers!!

Rose said...

Your gift set of cards is awesome and I love your gift box, great papers and decorations.

Colleen Begley said...

Oh wow, Karen. These are so super cute. The addition of the pearl to the lid is genius. You have the "bestest" ideas.

Regina Mangum said...

Karen, these are SO CUTE! i love the whole set and the teapot is just darling. XOXO

Kim O'Connell said...

WHat a cute boxed set of of note cards these would make! Those banners are a must have!

Michele Boyer said...

These are SO pretty! I LOVE the flower on the box! Such a lovely set!

Karen Giron said...

OH how sweet! I love the teapot with this adorable paper and the leafy accents are wonderful! LOVE the box!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a beautiful set! I just LOVE the floral teapots!