Friday, April 15, 2011

So Proud of You!

I made this card using TESC136 for the layout. Can I just say, I {heart} all the white space!!! I really must make a conscious effort to do this more often. Thanks for the fabulous sketch Taylor!

I used the new Dream Big set from Taylored Expressions and paired it with patterned paper from October Afternoon Report Card. Black accents are always fitting on a grad card so that what I used for my layers.

The image were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream and I coloured the books with copics. I stamped the sentiment before adding the fab star texture with my stars impression plate. A little stitching, some ribbon and brads, and that was it! This was super quick to whip up even with that bit of colouring!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

5 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this girlie! The embossed white panel is AWESOME and I LOVE the grad cap on the books!!!

Christine Blain said...

This is FABULOUS, Karen! Love the embossed white background, and the ribbon that perfectly matches the paper. Beautiful job.

Colleen Begley said...

Very nice Karen. I agree with Jodi that the hat on the stack of books looks great. I never do white space and I love how this turned out. Have a great weekend.

Regina Mangum said...

This is darling, Karen! XOXO

Jessie/knightrone said...

LOVE all the white space, I like white space...lol. Super cute!!