Monday, April 25, 2011

Sweet Sunday Penguins

I couldn't resist making another card with this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC14. This is card #13 for Project Christmas 2011. I used the fun Round the Chimney set from The Cat's Pajamas. These little penguins are totally adorable!!

I have to say, I can't remember the last time I made a card without using patterned paper, but there's not a stitch of patterned paper on this one! I did "make my own" patterned paper though by repeating the sentiment on the smaller panel...it's a neat effect!

The image is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto choice snow white and coloured with copics. I added a few coats of clear glaze pen to the glass and some fluffy white liquid applique trim to the stockings and hat. I wrapped some Green Apple Divine Twine around the bottom of the card and anchored it in place with some layered snowflakes. I really love the simple look of this card!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

7 comments:

Leigh OBrien said...

Sooooo cute, Karen!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Karen, this is the CUTEST!! LOVE how you doubled up on the twine!!!

Leslie said...

That IS adorable! Love the wrapped twine too!

Alma de la Rosa said...

Just too cute!

Crafty Cath said...

You got it - these guys are totaly adorable! Love the repeating sentiment to create the hand made design paper!

Emily said...

Super cute, Karen! I love the bakers twine and your homemade paper to dress up this darling image.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super duper cute!!