Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sweet Sunday Balloon Bear

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC112.

I was fortunate to pick up some of the new TCP products when Alma was at my LSS a couple of weeks ago, but the sad part is I didn't have time to ink them up until now!

I used the new Catch My Drift set. This little bear is just adorable with his sweet expression. He's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto choice buttercream and coloured with copics. I added sparkle to the balloons with a few Spica glitter pens. The patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye Alphabet Soup collection.

I love how the Inside Pinking cut-up along the bottom echos the pointy shape of the stacking stars die-namics. I added some green apple twine and "pulled a Pedro" by wrapping it multiple times then separating the strands. I always love when Jackie does that, but she gets the ends to look so much more swoopy than mine.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers came up with.
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

22 comments:

Mary J said...

Wow, wow, wow!! A brilliant take on the sketch, Karen!!

Kim O'Connell said...

Oh, how cute is that image?!? Love the spica pen on the balloons! Nice touch!

Karen Giron said...

How stinkin' adorable! LOVE him! Your coloring is absolutely perfect! LOVE this!

Leslie said...

Oh so sweet my friend! Your colouring is perfection and I love the sparkly balloons! Your matching star brads to the star die-namics to the star pointed border is well, you know I love the matchy-matchy :)

Pam Speidel said...

Oh my goodness, this is ADORABLE! Your coloring is fabulous and brings this little cutie to life! Love it!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness! How stinkin' cute is this! Love the little bits of sparkle you added to the balloons too!

Jackie Pedro said...

OMG.....FREAKIN' ADORABLE, Saucy!!!! LOVE every last detail!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is adorable Karen, love the colors and the added sparkle to the balloons!! The twine is awesome!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

I just read the "Pulling a Pedro"!! Bwahahahaha! Thank you for the shout out!

kelly said...

WOW!! maybe I shouldn't have uploaded my card now I've seen this! It's totally amazing!!
kelly xx

Alma de la Rosa said...

So, so cute! This is so fun, Karen! If eating grapefruit would make me stamp like you, I might just take it up.

Dana White said...

AWK this is so stinking cute - oh I wish Alma would come to my LSS!!

Leigh OBrien said...

Sooooo cute and brilliantly colored...I'm in awe!!

Lynn Put said...

Oh this is SO FUN! I love these bright colors, cute image and the cluster of stars and button!

Christine Blain said...

This is gorgeous, Karen! I love the little bear, and all the colourful, playful details on your fabulous card!

Jess Willison said...

Love this card! The details are so perfect!

Raquel SK said...

This is so incredibly cute! I love it!

Miami lasik surgery said...

I bet in reality looks better with the glitter, from these pictures I don't figure out how it is, but I imagine that. Anyway your card is cute with teddy bear and the balloons, is great for a kids party, btw my son birthday is coming :D

chris said...

AWww Karen talk about perfect. I love it so much, hugs chris xx

Jen Tapler said...

Too cute. These colors are right up my alley, your coloring is perfect and I LOVE those star brad things - the perfect finishing touch!

Jody Morrow said...

Awwwwww I LOVE this. SO pretty!

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMGosh...this is ADORABLE!!