Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sweet Sunday Birthdays

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC114.

Today is a VERY sweet Sunday indeed seeing as three of our Sweet Sunday Stampers are celebrating their birthdays (I know!!! Seriously...three out of 7 people...what are the chances!!). Let's give big birthday wishes to Karen G., Sarah-Jane, and Vicki.
Happy Birthday girls!!! 

Of course I just had to make a birthday card in celebration, so I used my new Treasure Life set from Taylored Expressions. I paired it with sweet papers from the Girls Paperie.

Rather than colouring the apothecary jars I decided to paper piece them and I just love the end result! The apothecary jar dies came in handy for cutting out the images. I also used my scalloped eyelet border die along the bottom and the leafy branch die behind the flower.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers came up with. Don't forget to leave birthday hugs on the birthday girls' blogs!!!
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'  <-----birthday girl
Vicki Burdick   <----birthday girl
and Karen Giron   <----birthday girl

Oh, and Happy Easter too!
Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

9 comments:

Jen Tapler said...

Oh, this is TOO perfect Karen! Those paper pieced Apothecary jars are AWESOME! Love it!! (I guess I can wait to see some more Christmas...)

Leslie said...

Beeeautiful! So fresh and pretty! Love that you "pearper" pieced the jars - sorry, couldn't resist :)

Karen Giron said...

OK, the paper pieced apothecary jars are just so super cute!! I never thought of that, but now I need to try it! Love the leafy branch die too - GMTA! Thank you so very much for the birthday shout out, I'm so blessed!

Vicki Burdick said...

So super cute Karen, love those paper pieced apothecary jars, I am the round one in the middle HA! Ha!! Love the colors and paper you used! Thanks so much for the Birthday wishes!!

Lynn Put said...

What a fabulous birthday card Karen! I love how you paper pieced the jars and the colors and details are all so pretty!

Dana White said...

Look at you using all those dies! Fabulous card - the papers are so pretty

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Lovely birthday card, Karen! These papers are so pretty! Hope that you and yours had a very Happy Easter! :D

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

GASP!!!.. The colours.. GASP.. the stamps.. GASP!!.. The whole AMAZING, GORGEOUS card.. GASP!!

Thankyou SO much for your sweet birthday suprise and wishes!!.. You gals are AMAZING!!

xx SJ

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is just FUN!! Love it!!