Thursday, April 7, 2011

Taylored Expressions Release Day!!!

Woo Hoo!!! It's finally time to go shopping for all the wonderful new stamps and supplies at Taylored Expressions! You'll find them all in one place in the Fresh Out of the Oven section.

But before you head off to fill your cart, the Baker's Dozen is sharing a recap of all the sets and dies today. So be sure to hop around for even more fabulous ideas.

I'm showcasing It's a Banner Day 3 along with the coordinating Banner Day 3 die. Yesterday I paired it with the previously released CreativiTEA set, but today I wanted to ink up one of the new stamps from this release, Mom a la carte.

I thought the "sending my love" sentiment from It's a Banner Day 3 was a natural pairing with Mom a la carte. But I didn't want the main image to get too wordy so I inked only part of the Mom a la carte image, leaving off the "you're the best" at the bottom. The entire image is paper pieced. Even the sentiment banner is stamped onto patterned paper, all from the My Mind's Eye Stella Rose Gertie collection.

I used my Petite Oval Nestabilities Large to cut out the image then layered it onto some suede brown dark that I cut out with my Labels 10 Nestabilities. Why have I never thought to layer these two before this?!? Isn't it gorgeous!! The layout is a slightly modified version of the Sweet Stop Sketch, SSS102. My pennant border die was perfect for adding a fun touch to the corner and the Hearts impression plate gave the background a perfect texture. A few clear rhinestones and my clear glaze pen on the cup and the heart were all the extra detail this card needed.

Have fun hopping around and getting more ideas!!!


Here are the dies I used today.

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

10 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

OOOOOH! This is FABULOUS Karen! LOVE the papers and that AMAZING paper pieced coffee cup!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this girlie!!

Leigh OBrien said...

Great card...love the layout too!

Mary J said...

Ohmigosh, Karen - gorgeous!!! I gotta find a UK supplier!!

Regina Mangum said...

This is SO darling!. I just LOVE the pennant and the paper piecing is wonderful! XOXO

Jami said...

Love the layered nesties and the floral cup! So cute!

Luv 2 Create said...

Darling card. Love the pennant addition.
Marcie

Karen Giron said...

Teehee! I love that we think alike - love your paper pieced image and the layout is super cute!

Zafran ali said...

wow, amazing work ... love everything you did! cup of coffee is just rock!!!

print vip cards

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just beautiful, Karen! I LOVE how you paper pieced Mom. . .just awesome!

Jessie/knightrone said...

AWESOME paper piecing, and I LOVE that die!!