Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sweet Sunday Cupcake House

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC113.

I pulled out one of my favourite sets from Taylored Expressions for my card today...Cozy Cottages. This is the current TE Giving Tree stamp set and until the end of April, Taylored Expressions will donate $7 from the sale of each set to Habitat for Humanity. So hurry...get your set now and help Habitat for Humanity at the same time!!

I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black onto choice buttercream and coloured it with copics. I know cherries aren't normally orange, but that's the beauty of cardmaking...anything is possible.  :-)
I added a little sparkle to the cherry and the hearts with my orange Spica glitter pen then popped the image on foam tape for dimension. The picket fence die was a natural pairing with this sweet cottage and so was the cloud duo die and some cream felt.

The patterned paper is from the My Mind's Eye Stella Rose Mabel collection and I paired it with suede brown dark and vibrant teal. I used my circles impression plate on the background layer for a little texture and interest then finished with three cream brads.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers came up with.
Dana White
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Mary J said...

Yum! I love it Karen! Brilliant use of that fence!

Dawn Easton said...

This is so cute!!! Love that house!

Vicki Burdick said...

Soooo loving this Karen!! I had not seen this set and I think I need to get it ASAP!! I love the orange cherry, works for me!!!

Karen Giron said...

This is darling! Love the little cloud and the pop of orange against the blue. So cute!

Lynn Put said...

Super sweet card Karen! I love your coloring on this fun cupcake image!

Leslie said...

How pretty! Love the fence behind the house and the felt cloud, everything is perfect! Oh, to live in a cupcake house - yum!

Dana White said...

Oh this is so cute - the ds paper is one of my favourites!!

Christine Blain said...

This is a gorgeous card, Karen. The picket fence and the cloud are perfect additions. So cute!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very sweet card Karen! You've colored up that little cupcake cottage beautifully! LOVE these papers! :D

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Oohhh this is SOOOOOO cute!!! Love the DSP and the colours are amazing!!!

xx SJ

Jessie/knightrone said...

It's TOTALLY cute!!