Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sweet Sunday Squeeze

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC174.

I flipped the sketch to work with the adorable Pure Innocence Bear Hugs image from My Favorite Things.


I started with a card base of Whip Cream, then added a layer of Steel Grey and more Whip Cream, which I ran through the polka dots embossing folder. The patterned paper is from Pebbles Seen and Noted collection. I used the Small Scallop Border Die-namics to cut out the Steel Grey strip then tucked it under a strip of Sour Apple cardstock.

For the image panel I used the Postage Stamp STAX Die-namics to cut out the patterned paper, and the Mini Tabs Foursome Die-namics for the sentiment. I stamped Bear Hugs with Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-Press It Blending Card then coloured her with copic markers. I added some Caribbean Teal Twine and a Whip Cream button for a little more detail.

On the inside I stamped another sentiment from Pure Innocence Bear Hugs.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around and see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Dana White
Danielle Lounds ***superstar guest designer***
Dawn Easton (she's taking this week off)
Jackie Pedro
Lori Tecler
Lynn Putt
Melissa Hubert
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Tracy Clemente
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the supplies I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Caroline said...

Karen this is beautiful I love the postage stax and the image and layout are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Karen Giron said...

Oh I love her! You and Jackie are on the same page this week, LOL! Her paper pieced shirt is the cutest and I love how you colored her little bear. So perfect!

Vicki Burdick said...

OH MY, this totally rocks!!! So cute and your coloring is perfect. Love that sweet PI and the fun colors you used!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Great minds is right! Your card is darling! LOVE the texture on the teddy and I just recently picked up that patterned paper!

Dana White said...

Oh my BFF she is super cute!

Mary J said...

Oh Karen, how adorable is this?!! Love how you used the papers and your stitching is amazing!

Colleen Begley said...

This is super sweet! Love the colors in the papers you've used. Your coloring on the teddy bear is fab too!

Tracy said...

This is SUPER sweet Karen! I am always in awe of your fantastic coloring skills. I like how you made the teddy bear look fuzzy. My MFT wish list is beyond long. Hoping Santa brings me some. LOL! Hope your holidays are wonderful!

Leslie said...

Freakin' awesome colouring on the little bear!! Love this bright cheery card and really like how you did the button with the two strings hanging down!

Linda McClain said...

Everything about this is so super sweet. I love how you colored the bear and the colors are so darling. Just precious.

Beate said...

Beautiful coloring and wonderful card, Karen!
Have a wonderful week!
Hugs and smiles