Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Quick and Easy Christmas

It's December 13th...have you mailed your holiday cards yet? Are they all made yet? Well, if you're a little behind, don't stress because I have a quick and easy Christmas card today that literally only took me 10 minutes to make. And nothing ever just takes me 10 minutes to make...ever.

Thanks to supplies from My Favorite Things and a fabulously simple sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, FMS64, this is one quick and easy Christmas card. You can whip up a batch of these and have them ready for the mailman in no time.


I started with a base layer of Whip Cream cardstock then added a layer of Kraft, which I ran through my modern wallpaper embossing folder. The patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Jovial collection, but you could use any paper you have on hand and just switch up the flower colours. For the sentiment I used Seasonal Sentiments (a fave of mine!) and stamped it with MFT Jellybean Green ink onto Whip Cream. I added a strip of Blu Raspberry cardstock along the bottom, which I cut out using the Small Scallop Border Die-namics.

For the flower I used the Poinsettia Die-namics to cut out Wild Cherry, Jellybean Green, Paver Red, and Kraft cardstocks. I inked all the edges with Walnut distress ink then pieced the flower together and adhered it to the card. VoilĂ ! All Done!!!

But I couldn't leave the inside bare so I simply layered Kraft and Wild Cherry cardstocks then stamped another sentiment from the fabulous Seasonal Sentiments.

Here are the supplies I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

No comments: