Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Enjoy the Season {MFTWSC102}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 102.

I know it's mid December, but I can't seem to stop creating holiday cards. The funny thing is that I don't need any more this year...mine are already in the mail (yay!), but I'll need them next year so this is my head start.


I used the adorable new Pure Innocence Thanks Snow Much stamp set and flipped the sketch to use the mirror image so he'd be looking toward the middle of the card instead of looking out. I started with a base of Whip Cream cardstock then layered on Wild Cherry and Kraft. The colour combo is from the the Paper Players Colour Challenge #125, and the polka dot paper is from the Lilybee Designs Christmas Cheer collection. I used the Double Dot Border Die-namics to cut out the red polka dot paper in the background and the blue layer is Berrylicious. The Let it Snowflake Die-namics were perfect for cutting out the Whip Cream felt snowflake, topped with a Whip Cream button and Hemp Cord.

For the image I stamped the snowman with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Kraft, then I stamped him again onto X-Press It Blending Card and cut him out. I added some shading with copic markers and used Breezy Blue Sparkly Fluff on his scarf. The little snowflakes in the background are included in the set and I stamped them with Versamagic Cloud White. I used the Fishtail Banner Die-namics for the little flag accents.

On the inside I stamped the snowman again with Memento Summer Sky ink then used the Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics for the sentiment flags.

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC102. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!

Be sure to head over to the MFT Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the supplies I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

9 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card love the snowman and the layout is beautiful. Caroline xxx

Liz said...

Great take on sketch beUtiful coloring

Queen Mary said...

OK, I was mesmerized by the snowman on kraft wondering how you colored him -- it does not look pieced at all! Stunning work!

Amy Rohl said...

LOVE this guy on kraft, he just pops right out! So sweet!

Vicki Burdick said...

STUNNING!!!! Love it so much~~~

H2 :) said...

Absolutely adorable! Love the crispness of the white snowman on the kraft background. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players. :)

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely adorable! I love the way you incorporated the challenge colors. The yummy texture and the stitching are the icing on the cake! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a gorgeous card, Karen! Your shading s fantastic and I love the fun texture. So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Dana White said...

Next years cards - seriously?! He is super cute. Wonder if you'll still be using Kraft next dec?!