Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Howdy, Friend {MFTWSC103}

It's time to get sketchy with the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club and sketch 103.

I used Well Worn Greetings stamps and Die-namics set paired with Pure Innocence Cowgirl to create this fun card for a friend.


The card base is Whip Cream, then I added a layer of Kraft followed by Steel Grey cardstock. The grey layer was actually a happy little accident because at first I was going to use Whip Cream with Steel Grey underneath, but when I removed the Whip Cream layer to emboss it, I really liked the look of the card on the darker grey base layer. And that, my friends, is why I "test drive" all my layers before I actually adhere anything together.

I knew the shape of Well Worn Greetings stamps and Die-namics was perfect for the focal point of this sketch, then I remembered the sweet Cowgirl and knew I had to incorporate her somehow. She's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-Press It Blending Card then I coloured her with copic markers. Her dress and vest were paper pieced with patterns from the Pebbles Walnut Grove collection. For the sentiment, I stamped the oval frame with MFT Wild Cherry ink and the words with Memento Tuxedo Black.

For the accent along the bottom I used the Looped Border Die-namics to cut out a strip of Steel Grey and added some small red rhinestones for a little bling.

On the inside I stamped another sentiment from Well Worn Greetings directly onto the largest Die-namics size from the set and added the oval scallop stamped with MFT Wild Cherry ink.

There's a prize each week for one participant, chosen at random. You may use any stamps and supplies that you wish. Each week a keyword is assigned to the sketch, and this week's keyword is MFTWSC103. All you need to do to enter is upload your card to the gallery at Splitcoast and enter the given keyword in the keyword box during the upload process. After the deadline (noon Eastern on Tuesday) we randomly choose a winner from that week's entries and the winner will receive a $15 gift voucher. If the winning card uses MFT stamps, the participant will earn a $5 bonus, for a total of a $20 gift voucher!

Be sure to head over to the MFT Blog to view the entire list of design team participants...there's plenty of inspiration for you with today’s sketch!

Here are the supplies I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Caroline said...

Karen this is gorgeous I love the image and the design is fabulous. Caroline xxx

scrappingnana said...

Love your card with the sweet PI image and the pretty papers. The embossed blue panel and looped border are perfect. TFS

Casandra Bennett said...

This is so sweet. I love how you switched up the shapes!

Colleen Begley said...

Karen this is SO, SO CUTE. Love your paper piecing and coloring. I used this set for a birthday card recently.

Mona Pendleton said...

So cute Karen! Love your little cowgirl! Her little matching outfit and the layered label looks fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration!

Linda McClain said...

Yee Haw! This is fabulous. I love all the little touches, like the rhinestones - So Dallas!

Amy Rohl said...

She's just adorable, all kicky heeled and paper pieced! The loopy border and rhinestones are the perfect compliment!

Thanks for all your sweet comments, Karen!

♥Amy

Dana White said...

This cowgirl is way too cute!!