Thursday, December 20, 2012

Let It Snow

Let it Snow, please. I'm not wishing for a lot...just enough for skiing, but not too much that it hampers people's travel plans over the holidays.  :-)

ETA: when I typed this post up a week and a half ago, I had no idea we'd be in the midst of a big winter storm. Safe travels everyone!

I created a very clean and simple card today. This was another quick one. I think the longest part of making the card was waiting for the ink to dry, but I don't have a lot of patience so I sped up that process with my heat tool.


I used the Christmas Ornaments stamp set paired with a sentiment from Document It - December, both from My Favorite Things. The layout is CTS#9 and the snowflake theme is for PP126.

I started with a Whip Cream card base then added a layer of Berrylicious. I stamped the large snowflake with Versamark ink onto the Kraft rectangle then heat embossed it with white embossing powder. Next I stamped the two smaller snowflakes with Versamagic Turquoise Gem and I added the hanging lines using Memento Desert Sand. I stamped the sentiment from Document It - December with Versamagic Cloud White and inked the edges of the Kraft and Berrylicious layers with Cloud White ink. I didn't feel like the sentiment was bright enough though so once I was sure it was good I dry I stamped it again with Versamark ink, offset a little, then heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I added three rhinestones to the snowflakes for a little bling.

On the inside I simply stamped one more hanging snowflake from the Christmas Ornaments stamp set.

Here are the supplies I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

2 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Karen! Love the embossed sentiment! Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

stampingbowd said...

Wonderful snow card!!! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!