Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sincere Sympathy

I needed a sympathy card last week and I wanted a clean layout, so I used CTS#7 from CAS(E) This Sketch, along with Clearly Sentimental about Sympathy from My Favorite Things.


These are never fun cards to make, and they're the ones I don't want to keep on hand so I prefer a more simple look and quiet colour combination. I started with a Whip Cream card base then layered on some Steel Grey and Kraft cardstock. I ran the Kraft layer through my modern wallpaper embossing folder for a little texture.

The patterned paper is from the My Mind's Eye Meadow collection and I inked around the edges with Old Paper distress ink. I added a strip of cream crochet trim and used the smallest size of the Upsy Daisy Die-namics to cut out the flower from patterned paper. The Sentiment Strips Die-namics was perfect for cutting out the flag and I stamped the sentiment with Memento London Fog ink, in keeping with the quiet feel of the card.

I used the Small Scallop Border Die-namics to cut out the little scallop accent and added some small pearls.

On the inside I repeated the layout and created a negative flower accent by cutting the flower out of the green patterned rectangle then backing it with blue patterned paper.

Here are the supplies I used:


Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Beautiful sympathy card love the design. Caroline xxx

veronica said...

Love your mix of patterns! Great color combo too! Love it!!

Mary J said...

Gorgeous, Karen! I love the touch of blue and subtle details!

Winnie said...

Such a lovely card. I am sure they will be comforted by it. Love the softness of it and the sentiment. The lace and the stitching are great touches.

stampingbowd said...

Gorgeous card!! The scallop border with the pearls really caught my eye!! This is a wonderful card for a sad situation!

Leslie said...

Calm, quiet, lovely...it is! Thank you my friend....it soothed my heart to receive this beautiful card!