Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sweet Sunday Enjoy

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC178. I always love Karen's sketches but this one in particular made me smile because of the clean layout.

I flipped the sketch upside down and used Pure Innocence Thanks Snow Much from My Favorite Things. This is card #4 for Project Christmas 2013.


I started with a card base of Sweet Tooth then added a layer of Sno Cone. I layered a rectangle panel of X-Press It Blending Card on top of the Sno Cone then stamped the image using Memento Tuxedo Black. The top layer is more Sweet Tooth and I used my Circle 2 STAX Die-namics to cut out the circle to 'frame' my snowman, then I used the swiss dots embossing folder to create the 'snow'. I adhered the top layer with foam tape for some dimension.

I coloured the image with copic markers. I love the way he's leaning back, smiling up at the falling snow and the sentiment strip.

Speaking of the sentiment strip, I used the Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-namics to cut out the Sno Cone flag then I stamped the sentiment using Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink. I used the Let it Snowflake Die-namics to cut out the Sweet Tooth snowflake and I topped it with a silver sequin for some sparkle.

On the inside I stamped another sentiment from Pure Innocence Thanks Snow Much. I also stamped some light blue snowflakes (the stamp is also from the set) using Sno Cone Premium Dye Ink.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now it's time to hop around to see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Dana White
Dawn Easton
Jackie Pedro
Kim Lackenbach ***** superstar guest designer *****
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Melissa Hubert
Sandie Conner ***** superstar guest designer *****
Sarah-Jane Kalé
Tracy Clemente
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Here are the supplies I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Karen Giron said...

LOVE this! You are brilliant stamping the snowman underneath the top layer - it looks fantastic! Especially with the embossing - looks like a blizzard! ha!

Dawn Easton said...

Adorable, Karen! Love that snowman and how you've shaded him with the little dots! I'm scared to try that...lol! Awesome card!

Tracy said...

Genius girl! Love that you switched it up. Placing the sentiment above the snowman is perfect. Did you notice I channeled you for my card with the *dots*. :) {{hugs}}

Jackie Pedro said...

L.O.V.E.! Fresh and simple! Really showcases the snowman!

wendy said...

love it!!!

Dana White said...

You really have embraced these CAS cards - brilliant how you flipped the sketch to make it work with this sweet snowman!

Leslie said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love how you flipped the sketch and mounted the top layer!!

KimCreate said...

The sketch looks great turned upside down! Adorable coloring on the snowman!
Kim

Lori said...

Fabulous! Love the dimension from the raised embossed layer--great idea!

Lynn Put said...

You flipped the sketch, now why didn't I think of that this time? Adorable card, so fresh and cute with your colored snowman and embossing!

Vicki Burdick said...

this is perfect Karen, Love how you cut out your circle from the top layer!! That snowman is adorable.