Monday, February 4, 2013

CAS Valentine

I have a fresh, clean and simple Valentine card to share today. I've been taking the Clean and Simple Cardmaking 2 class from Online Card Classes and my card today is homework from the Day 1 lesson last week. Sorry for the blue-ish tint in the photos...I promise it's crisp white in real life. Chalk it up to editing frustration.


I {heart} clean and simple design but I find it quite challenging to get it looking balanced and "just right". My card follows Kristina Werner's day 1 sketch. I started with a Sweet Tooth card base then added another layer of Sweet Tooth cardstock. I used the Circle 1 STAX Die-namics to cut out the offset circle, then I embossed it with my modern wallpaper embossing folder.

The images and sentiment are from the Homespun Hearts stamp set from My Favorite Things. I stamped the stem with Sour Apple Premium Dye Ink directly onto the Sweet Tooth card base, then I stamped the heart with Wild Cherry Premium Dye Ink. I used the Fishtail Flags Layers STAX Die-namics to cut out the strip of Wild Cherry. The sentiment was stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder. I mounted the embossed layer on foam tape for added interest.

Is it ok to pat myself on the back for this one? I'm really, really, really happy with how it turned out!

Here are the supplies I used:



Pin It

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

No comments: