Thursday, December 2, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Day 2-Crafty Petites

We're back for another day of sneak peeks with Taylored Expressions. Today the Baker's Dozen is sharing four sweet new stamp sets that are perfect for last minute gifts, stocking stuffers, secret Santa exchanges, etc. These sets are a new, smaller size measuring 3"x5.5" and they're called the Crafty Petites. Wait til you see them...they're just too cute to believe and priced at just $7.95 I know you'll want them all for yourself so you'd better order extras! The Crafty Petites come with a full colour index panel and each set contains 7 or 8 images and sentiments in the same deeply etched rubber as other TE sets. All the new products will be available in the TE Store tomorrow, Friday, December 3rd.

I worked with two of the Crafty Petites sets for my projects today, Sew Happy and Collector's Anonymous, and even though the sets are different I think they work really well together. I created a little gift for a crafty friend and a coordinating card.

Let's start with the little box of buttons. I started with a clear acetate box and decorated it with polka dot paper from my Pixielicious mini deck. I used my new small scallop border die on some purple as an accent and placed some Crystal Twinkles between the scallops for a little bling (I really like the effect of twinkles between scallops!). The button jar from Collector's Anonymous is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream and coloured with copics. I meant to add glossy accents over the entire jar to look like glass but I completely forgot! When I finished this project I was so excited to photograph it, the glossy accents completely slipped my mind...doh!

Isn't that sentiment hilarious!! I adore it, and I think it's absolutely perfect for a little gifty item like this...it cracks me up!!! You could fill these little acetate boxes with other items like ribbons or spools of thread and hang them on the tree as ornaments...a gift and decoration all in one!

Next up I created a coordinating card to go along with my box-o-buttons and I used the new Sew Happy set. The finished size of this card is 4.25" square and I think this smaller size is perfect for the Crafty Petites sets!!!

I stamped the sewing machine with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Buttercream and coloured it with copics before cutting it out. I used my circle Nestabilities on the purple polka dot paper from my Pixielicious mini deck and backed it with some Buttercream that I cut out with my lacey circle Nestabilities (with more Crystal Twinkles of course!). Take a look at the background paper...that's the 'other' side of the new Circles & Scallops Taylored Impression plate...swoon!!! I had to add some sewing on this card since it is a sewing themed set, but I used my corner chomper on the bottom corners first, then I finished it with a buttercream bow and a button.


Here's the die and impression plate I used today:


Don't forget to click this link for comprehensive instructions and videos on how to use the TE dies and impression plates. I'm pretty sure you'll be hooked once you give them a try! Also, Taylor has a new video showing the four different size sets offered at Taylored Expressions and she talks a little about each of them.

Now let's go see what the rest of the Baker's Dozen created with the Crafty Petites sets. Our talented Whimsical Wishes illustrator, Nancy McKinney, is playing along today also.




Tomorrow is release day and I'll be back with another project using a different Crafty Petites set.
Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

6 comments:

Danni said...

How fun! Love the colors you used!!

Karen Giron said...

How beautiful is your card with all those bright and fun colors?!! Love the coloring and that super fab box o' buttons too!

Regina Mangum said...

Bright, fun, and super cheerful...this one made me smile. Love the set and it is just darling! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Shut up, this is too cute! I love that you can work all these bright colours and make amazing cards! U rock!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is such an adorable set, Karen! LOVE the box o' buttons and the awesome colors!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh my gosh, this is just the cutest! I LOVE the purple polka dotted panel behind the sewing machine! LOVE!