Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sweet Sunday Birthday Wishes

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC96. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog The Sweetest Thing.

For today's card I decided to start on my much needed manly birthday cards. I have several male family members with birthdays in the first three months of the year...ugh! Manly cards are never as fun to make, but I do like how this one turned out!

I pulled out my new Textile Rectangles set from MFT...which comes with a coordinating die. I stamped the frame with Memento Rich Cocoa then stamped the sentiment with SU pacific point. The patterned paper is from my new October Afternoon Campfire pad and I used my diamond plate embossing folder on the kiwi kiss layer. I used my jumbo scallop dienamic on a piece of denim then stitched it into place. Is a card still considered masculine if there's a scallop on it??? Please tell me that's ok! LOL!! The ribbon is old SU brown felt and I added two corduroy brads.

The inside is decorated too so I could use the second half of the sentiment. I used the same colours and added a star border which I cut with my star border dienamic.

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. The Sweet Sunday Stampers are saying goodbye to Joanne after this week. We're sad to see her go because her cards are always a delight, so be sure to pop by and leave her lots of love!
Jen Tapler
Joanne Basile
Laura Fredrickson
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

11 comments:

Jen Tapler said...

Well look at you with an awesome man card!! I love it! I'm always amused that everyone hates making boy cards, but they're my faves. And you look like a pro! Seriously, I love this!

Candace said...

Karen, I hate them, too, but this one is awesome! Love how you decorated the inside, and I also love how you used the denim!

Anonymous said...

This is wicked girlfriend! I love the colours of it! I never think to use brown ink, I have to start!

Danni said...

Such fun and bright colors!! A super happy card!

Janet said...

awesome card!! :) i need some man cards too!! want to make me some ;) lol
hugs

Donna Baker said...

Of course it is still masculine-you used denim and that is uber cool! Love your card!

Leslie said...

Totally manly - even with the scallop :) I like the denim and the brown buttons and ribbon - manly!!

Vicki Burdick said...

So cool, Karen!!! Love this!!

Lynn Put said...

Awesome masculine birthday card Karen! I love the color combo and how you used the demin for the scallops!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Fabulous is what your card is! Love your colour combo and the fun brads! Awesome!

Karen Giron said...

Yummmy!! Loving the denim and all those fun colors together - perfect 'man' card :)