Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sweet Sunday Couch Potato

It's time for this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, SSSC97. You'll find the sketch on Karen Giron's blog The Sweetest Thing.

For my card today I created something with absolutely no purpose in mind...I made it just because I wanted to! And that, my friends, is a wonderful feeling! I dug into some much neglected Papertrey supplies and created this springy feeling card using Basic Grey Urban Prairie papers. The stamp set is On My Couch and I also used my PTI Rickrack border die and Beautiful Blooms #1 dies. The chair is entirely paper pieced and I added the "potato optional" sentiment directly to the patterned paper. Of course I couldn't create a card without a little sewing too. The finished card measures 3 1/4" x 6 1/2".

We're taking next week off of Sweet Sunday Sketches so I'll see you back here for another fabulous sketch on January 2nd!

I hope you'll play along with this week's sketch and link your creation on Karen's blog. Now let's go see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Stampers created.
Jen Tapler
Lynn Put
Sarah-Jane Kale'
Vicki Burdick
and Karen Giron

Thanks for stopping by!
Karen

8 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful card, Karen! Love the pretty papers and your fabo sewing!

...love the new blog photo, too! :)

Lynn Put said...

This is so pretty Karen! I love the designer papers, fresh colors, lovely flower and fun paper pieced chair!

Jackie Pedro said...

Love this, Saucy!! So pretty! Don't you love digging into neglected supplies? FUN FUN!!

Karen Giron said...

OOOOH!!! I love that paper with the dots embossing folder - and stitching??? GASP! The paper pieced chair is stunning! Love it all!

Vicki Burdick said...

So cute Karen, I love the colors and the stitching!!!! Such a fun card!!!

Leslie said...

Sweet! I love the blog title...wish I could be a couch potato today :)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

What a fun card Karen! Love Urban Prairie and the black ric rack and felt flower just fit perfectly!

Mary J said...

Wonderful! A real original! I love your style!